• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

PB - your welcome my friend. And thank you for the kind words.

As far as the glass when its time - I already am checking on a light green tint to highlight the entire truck when its in the SUN.
AM radios - all you have to do when you buy it at the going price of $75,000.00 US Dollars is put all the radios back in it and you will have all the AM channels you want.

PB - you remember what was on the backside of each fender next to the steps we were talking about - I am looking for them yet but have an idea what to do about it.

Tonights work - well your just going to have to stay tuned I guess.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Zout at this point I don't give a farkel about the rubber guards on the fenders!! When I saw how well the front/nose looks on that baby the whole back end could be missing and I would still be happy!!

By the way, Carl says he has some rough cut oak boards about one inch thick (don't know how wide yet) we can have if we can use them. He's supposed to bring one in Friday for us to see.

This weekend we are gonna pull the other 270CI block out of the box trailer and take a look at it as a candidate for boring/building. My goal is to have SOME KIND of power pack ready to drop in by the end of June. This baby is gonna make the Guntruck Gathering, The GA Rally and the Veterans Parade this year or my name ain't....ah....er....hmmm...well what ever it is.!:jumpin:

Can anyone else tell I'm very excited...again?? Stuff like this is what keeps me going thru the day-to-day BS and semi-sane!!

Man...I just can't stop looking at those pics!!:papabear:

nattieleather

This baby is gonna make the Guntruck Gathering, The GA Rally and the Veterans Parade this year or my name ain't....ah....er....hmmm...well what ever it is.!:jumpin:

Psssst it's Papabear. Just saying.

Truck is looking great and y'all are right on track with it! I just wish I wasn't so far away so I could lend a helping hand.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Hopefully the hands are coming off his hips in disgust:

Trust me Brother, my hands were not on my hips in disgust! If you look at BabyBear I was chastising him because he had just said "even Uncle Dave can't save that POS!!"

I showed BB the pics from last night and he said "No way Papa!! Uncle Dave switched trucks on us!!"

I think I'm gonna go with BB on this one...I think Zout has secretly found a mint condition K-18C , took some pics and then photo shopped them in front of his garage!:shock:

I've used up all the words I can think of in prior posts to describe the amazing transformation/progress the Commander has made on this project so once again I simply give a humble THANK YOU to my Brother Zout.:beer:

Attachments

zout

PB - tell BB secretly to stop humpin my leg when I see him next time and we'll be on point for his future ride in a bodacious K18 - we may even make him a doggy door to the back end if he stops. How is that for persuarion

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Will the 302 fit? I'd give up a 'take-out' motor for that project. Even consider the 6 hour hike to the Canada border.
Hope it works out with the 270 but it's here if you need it!
Thank you so much for the offer Sir. I will certainly return the offer if I have something you need. However, I have an excellent running 302 I can use with lots of mods and electric fuel pump etc., I just prefer to keep her a little closer to original if possible.

Once again, thank you for the offer.:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB - tell BB secretly to stop humpin my leg when I see him next time and we'll be on point for his future ride in a bodacious K18 - we may even make him a doggy door to the back end if he stops. How is that for persuarion
Ummm....that's between you and BB!!:shock: BTW...that glazed look in your eye last time sorta worried me!:naner:

zout

Between you seeing the pics an BB - wonder who is having K18 orgasim's the most - both seem to be humping mutts at this point. But BB still gets a doggy door to the rear box area. What you both going to do when the second coat of paint goes on and the glass goes in ??

zout

Time to get the box glass frames pulled out and their regulators. I know each regulator needs that coiled spring replaced as the loop tab ends were broken off them - these keep the windows in the upright position.

Regulators will get cleaned and lubed - breakdown the frameworks and see what its going to take to make sure they are in stable condition went put back together - besides blasting each frame and sending one of the good pieces of glass out to get 6 made (remember greenish tint). I am going to hold off on tinkering with that windshield frame for now.

I have all the new metal channels the seals will sit in - will be discussing the purchase of these maybe tomorrow with PB to get them coming as we're headed into that installation now. Before all the glass goes in - final exterior paint will be done - at least three coats.

firedude

What a great job you are doing. Makes me want to go out back and kick mine. :( The '39/40 is all wood framed inside and the body panels are nailed to it rather than riveted or screwed. Also, being as the back panel was gone all those years it sat in the forest, there isn't a lot left to make patterns with. The reinforcement inside the box does resemble the inside of a wells cargo type trailer, which has me thinking......

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Commander Warp, you wanted the serial number from the K-18 data plate. The ser # is only three digits... 035. Production date is 8-15-41. Gross weight is 9800, Model # is CF-351 1 1/2ton(LC) 4X2.

Maybe the 035 serial number means she was #35 built out of 368??

Last edited:

zout

MMMM - OK PB - we'll discuss.

Firedude - does yours have the stingray looking cover over the vent on the front upper cab area ???? If it does I sure could use a paper template of it >> or just sell me yours.

Some were wondering about color in sections like I spray it - I took all 3 gallons with new cans and mixed all together and mixed and poured back into the cans. Pic of tonight of the outside is to show it dried out and uniform with the other area's.
Pressure washed the engine bay - underside of entire front end as Best I could with my non hot water pressure washer. Better pic of the dash with the camera lense cleaned off (oops).

Workbench for tearing down windows complete with liquid refreshment from my personal sponsor. Got 3 tore down and now you know why I am not ready to do anything with that windshield yet.

Order gets placed tomorrow for window felt seals - coiled regulator springs while I continue on - all should be done by the time they arrive for installation - I'll just paper over them for paint.
Probably some other picture of something else but I cannot remember what I took pics of.IMG_1391.jpgIMG_1392.jpgIMG_1393.jpgIMG_1394.jpgIMG_1395.jpgIMG_1396.jpgIMG_1397.jpgIMG_1398.jpgIMG_1399.jpgIMG_1400.jpg

jasonjc

Thank you Zout and PB for saving this truck!
Zout you are doing one HE11 of a job!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say keep up the good work ,but I know you will.:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If any of you ever need a silk purse made out of a sow's ear just call the Commander. (You may need to be from the South to understand that...lol):not worthy:

Just looking at the shell of that truck and the excellent work/paint sends shivers down my spine and I get this warmth in my loins and my breathing becomes labored...sorry...be back later!:roll:

Last edited:

goldneagle

MMMM - OK PB - we'll discuss.

Firedude - does yours have the stingray looking cover over the vent on the front upper cab area ???? If it does I sure could use a paper template of it >> or just sell me yours.

Some were wondering about color in sections like I spray it - I took all 3 gallons with new cans and mixed all together and mixed and poured back into the cans. Pic of tonight of the outside is to show it dried out and uniform with the other area's.
Pressure washed the engine bay - underside of entire front end as Best I could with my non hot water pressure washer. Better pic of the dash with the camera lense cleaned off (oops).

Workbench for tearing down windows complete with liquid refreshment from my personal sponsor. Got 3 tore down and now you know why I am not ready to do anything with that windshield yet.

Order gets placed tomorrow for window felt seals - coiled regulator springs while I continue on - all should be done by the time they arrive for installation - I'll just paper over them for paint.
Probably some other picture of something else but I cannot remember what I took pics of.View attachment 492222View attachment 492223View attachment 492224View attachment 492225View attachment 492226View attachment 492227View attachment 492228View attachment 492229View attachment 492230View attachment 492231
These windows remind me of the windows in the M35 and other trucks. Is it possible to use the glass frame from a M35 door to fabricate new window frames for this truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks