• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
roflNA - but ya gotta admit it was FUNNY AS CHIT to try to pull it on ya again rofl

Anyhow now that I am done screwing around for a couple seconds - got the cab windows tore down and a lot easier than the side glass - I have ONE good piece to get a sample cutting from and I have it loaded up.
Yes I took out that windshield and seeing how I cannot pull a joke on PB - I just set the dang windshield on FIRE just to get even - it was funnier lighting the match and being here in person than just looking at a pic of it. PB -I have MORE matches LEFT [thumbzup].
Tore the busted down froze up compressor pump off seeing how the new one is shipping today (hopefully get this by the weekend - but I know better than to hope and wish for chit).
Forgot to take a pic of the tail light for TIN - SORRY - But Deb had a bottle of FRESH CROWN in her hand and you know how us GA MAFIA fellas like Crown. His trucks not going anywhere soon anyhow rofl.
Suppose to thunderstorm out again tonight so tomorrow night I will be spending my time shoveling my yard out of the front of the garage once again - unless the seals show up for the roll up back windows - that last regulator will just not break free - I have more matches and tomorrow night IT goes on FIRE.

1st... If you are gonna burn my truck up let me get some good insurance on it first...maybe Zout-2 can help with that??

2nd...Those rivets/screws on the windshield frame look like they wanna put up a hard fight.:whistle:

3rd...Don't let that last regulator get on your nerves Bro. If we can just get the glass in and staying up that will be good enough.

4th...Take a few days break and have some Crown and relax. This is NOT a timed event and you are WAY ahead of my wildest expectations Bro!:goodjob:

5th...This weekend is totally farkeled as far as helping with the flood/washout issue at the garage as we are taking Proud American to Newnan High School on Friday for a special event for the kids and Saturday we have the 1st Cav Monument re-dedication here in Columbus so there is no time to be had.
HOWEVER...when the deluge stops and we both have time I will bring the fellers and my backhoe and bobcat up and we will "modify" the terrain to your advantage and see if we can stop the wash problem in the garage area.:papabear:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
CZ, can you get me good pic of that regulator?
Tin Medic you seem to be a good troop and you have been a supporter of this project since it began.

I received your PM about helping look for the SCR-197 radio/radar set components and I thought it would be a good idea to post the list here so even more eyes could be on the lookout. I ask that no one posts stuff seen on EBAY as I watch that closely and I think it's against the rules anyway.:rules:

However, if anyone knows of/owns any of the following components (non-working but presentable preferred as they are for display only) please PM me:

BC 325
BC 342-N
RM-7-C
S-20R Sky Champion
PE-75-D
C 119 (Control Box)

There are updated sets that were used at later dates in the K-18/19 but as far as I can tell, these were the units used in the very early 40's.

Last edited:

Wolfen

PB have you tried looking for Radios on some of the Ham Radio Forums? I've heard that there is a fair amount of Military Surplus for sale on them. I've never looked myself since I'm not interested in owning a WWII Radio.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB have you tried looking for Radios on some of the Ham Radio Forums? I've heard that there is a fair amount of Military Surplus for sale on them. I've never looked myself since I'm not interested in owning a WWII Radio.
No Sir, I have not. Truthfully I never thought of that...nor do I know how to find those sites but I may just try to.

OH....And you can scratch the BC 342-N from the list cause I just bought one off EBAY for 200 bucks.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

zout

I did not see a Black & Decker toaster oven for setting up in the back of the K on your list ??

PB per your list above:
1. I have good fire extinguishers
2. I'll kick its butt
3. See #2
4.I catch sleep in between picking up and changing tools - occasionally have a sippy pop as well
5. I just learn to live with it - I am either being tested by God - or just getting pissed off by Lucifer - either way its not a winning situation - I let them both figure out I can live with it & maybe they'll leave me alone.

zout

OleFart - this is NOT the same truck but it is still the same style brush guard and will give you a close up of its mount arms into the hood area (not same hood but similar)

Will try to remember to get those tail light pics for Tin tonight.

Glad I did not fill in that antenna mount hole now !!!!!!!!!! Next thing ya know PB will be getting the antenna. Hope all those stinkin ground straps do not have to go back in - must have been 50 of them in that back area.
gmcltft.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No way Bro. Even if I find every component of the radio/radar system it will be static display only. It would cost way more than my budget to get/keep them operational plus I just don't have the desire to do so.:driver:

zout

Guess I better get the lead outta my arse - and get one of them Fix up a Truck Box for dummies books and make it look good HUH !

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tin Medic you seem to be a good troop and you have been a supporter of this project since it began.

I received your PM about helping look for the SCR-197 radio/radar set components and I thought it would be a good idea to post the list here so even more eyes could be on the lookout. I ask that no one posts stuff seen on EBAY as I watch that closely and I think it's against the rules anyway.:rules:

However, if anyone knows of/owns any of the following components (non-working but presentable preferred as they are for display only) please PM me:

BC 325
BC 342-N
RM-7-C
S-20R Sky Champion
PE-75-D
C 119 (Control Box)

There are updated sets that were used at later dates in the K-18/19 but as far as I can tell, these were the units used in the very early 40's.
PB, Try John at Midwest. I am pretty sure he bought all the radios from the auction where my M37 came from several years ago. (By the way they went pretty cheap)

jasonjc

5th...This weekend is totally farkeled as far as helping with the flood/washout issue at the garage as we are taking Proud American to Newnan High School on Friday for a special event for the kids and Saturday we have the 1st Cav Monument re-dedication here in Columbus so there is no time to be had.

Hey PB please take pic's of the 1st CAV Monument re-dedication. As a 1st CAV trooper I'd like to see that. And thank you for going and doing all you do for vets.:goodjob:

zout

I was going to call PB and let him know the big box of all his seals came - but he would look at his phone and see my # and just let it go to messaging anyhow - I handle rejection WELL.

Been a while since I tore all the stuff down and I think ole Lloyd has been in my garage - where did all the jars of screws go Lloyd :::: probably next to the WC windshield screw jar you got:hammer:

This a a lot of $$$ for these seals and I sure do not want to screw anything up so I only put one together to make sure all was right (I found where Lloyd hid the jars but dang if I can still find them WC windshield screws - that just bugs me big time.
Rolly uppy and downie just fine and smooth as sliding on butter on a plastic tarp - - BTW PB - ZOUT does NOT clean glass or do windows.IMG_1457.jpgIMG_1458.jpgIMG_1459.jpgIMG_1460.jpgIMG_1461.jpg

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well Brother, you really did a outstanding job on these windows. Everytime I think you have reached your peak, you move on to the next plateau.

[thumbzup]

zout

Info for PMers:

Front brush guard mounts are still in tac. Looking inside the engine compartment towards the passenger side you can see the radiator support arm and a vertical section of the firewall - looking from the outside in from the front you can see the bolt hole and where a L bracket attached to at one point in time - This I believe is where the guard arms going through the hood area attach to (once fabricated) then on the guard itself - I can see these being either grade 8 bolts or grade 8 clevis pins with grenade pull pins.

Tin - there is a pic of the tail lights that were in the K.

IMG_1462.jpgIMG_1463.jpgIMG_1464.jpgIMG_1465.jpgIMG_1466.jpgIMG_1467.jpg

poppop

:grin:
I was going to call PB and let him know the big box of all his seals came - but he would look at his phone and see my # and just let it go to messaging anyhow - I handle rejection WELL.

Been a while since I tore all the stuff down and I think ole Lloyd has been in my garage - where did all the jars of screws go Lloyd :::: probably next to the WC windshield screw jar you got:hammer:

This a a lot of $$$ for these seals and I sure do not want to screw anything up so I only put one together to make sure all was right (I found where Lloyd hid the jars but dang if I can still find them WC windshield screws - that just bugs me big time.
Rolly uppy and downie just fine and smooth as sliding on butter on a plastic tarp - - BTW PB - ZOUT does NOT clean glass or do windows.View attachment 493259View attachment 493260View attachment 493261View attachment 493262View attachment 493263

If you find any of my missing M37 parts hold them for me please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks