• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

They are not decals - they are stencils that get layered. Circle gets sprayed first with the top secret WHITE - the white A is a given as this gets covered by one of the other layers - the Blue layer then gets placed on top of this and sprayed - along and same as the Red - thus endeth the lesson. Depending on the likeablility when I am done I might even clear coat to give it more depth and to really POP out at you when looking at it.
The Hood numbers are already in process but one layer stencils (not decals) that physically painted on like they should be.

All you have to be is fast enough to get them off before the epoxy starts to harden or otherwise they will be physically part of the paint bonded with no way of seperating them.

Just watch Grasshopper - we'll show ya in a few days how it all works.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
WOW - can you believe over 20,000 folks have read this dribble of mine ???? they need a life.
Actually, 19,256 of the "viewed" count is me looking at the amazing pics over and over!!!:beer: You are doing an outstanding job CZ!

The good news continues. We FINALLY got the other 270CI engine pulled out of the trailer (the original DUKW engine) and torn apart. The block is all standard and in very good shape except for some minor issues in the cylinder walls in two cylinders. I'm going to turn the block, head, and the crank in to the machine shop Monday for some work and get moving on the engine/parts cleaning etc.

Attachments

zout

I think BB has been here - he is even stacking up his Bud cans next to his balling ball here.
Other than that - pics explain themselves - blah blah blah blah blah blahIMG_1487.jpgIMG_1488.jpgIMG_1490.jpgIMG_1491.jpgIMG_1492.jpgIMG_1493.jpgIMG_1494.jpgIMG_1495.jpgIMG_1496.jpgIMG_1497.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Man that looks good!!:grin:

I'll speak to BB about his drinking problem but at least he's a funny drunk!:naner:

Dang...I did NOT know those doors come apart like that!:goodjob:

Now I hope you will take the rest of the day off and just relax!:beer:

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Man that looks good!!:grin:

I'll speak to BB about his drinking problem but at least he's a funny drunk!:naner:

Dang...I did NOT know those doors come apart like that!:goodjob:

Now I hope you will take the rest of the day off and just relax!:beer:
PB that is the way it is, the older you get, the more you realize what you DO NOT know.

zout

The long flat units on the far side of the table are the regulator braces - the regulators then mount to these - the flat units also contain the door latches - those are all running free as well and smooth.

The four little curved trim pieces - one fit both side of the windshield vertical Pillars. The other two are the upper door top trim that cover the seals.

Of course the big panels are the door panels. I have the overhead console already blasted as well and have to make a couple repairs to this before primering & paint.
I suspect some real work will be done once the compressor pump is here and mounted. While it was raining out I just threw on some trashy clothes and headed back out and wet sanded the truck for a full and final paint. The rain will wash it down and just tack it off come paint time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks