• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Boy did you leave yourself open that time Ron!:naner: But.....I'm gonna let you slide on this one.
I am well aware of that, I am amassed on how much I don't know, everyday is a learning expenses compared to when I was a teenager where I KNEW everything,, It is just as we get older you realize just how much you really don't know., I think this goes for everybody EXCEPT the "KNOW IT ALLs" that the world seems to be filling up with.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Picked up another component for the truck today on ebay for 40 bucks shipped. It's not a component of the SCR 197 but it is cool and IS period correct so what the heck!:roll:

Attachments

zout

Compressor pump gets delivered tomorrow - I see some major whoop arse headed that K's way wtih a vengence.

Pick on them cab doors tonight and a little internal cab body work so I can spray all at one time - so one side is not Pink and the other off color Red and a shade of lime green in it all.

zout

Preparing for tomorrow night.
Finished the overhead console - finished up a couple parts on the body I was not happy with before final paint. Dash little section and the right hand pillar - I am happy now to shoot paint tomorrow night. Roof is all sanded down - all washed down and will not final tac rag it till tomorrow night pre-shooting. I have to follow the Suns path so this will be interesting once again.

I screwed up on the cab window flexible window channel so I owe the owner a little refund so I can buy a couple sections of NOT 9/16th run channel but 5/8th run channel so I can get all the door sections assembled - paint on the door panels flattened out and this is how they look. Will get that overhead console in primer tomorrow first thing to get paint on it when I shoot the rest.

Little done tonight just due to chit on my mind from hearing bad news I did not want to hear.IMG_1498.jpgIMG_1499.jpgIMG_1500.jpgIMG_1501.jpgIMG_1502.jpgIMG_1503.jpg MY OH MY - what is that Red - White and blue paint FOR ?????

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Preparing for tomorrow night.
Finished the overhead console - finished up a couple parts on the body I was not happy with before final paint. Dash little section and the right hand pillar - I am happy now to shoot paint tomorrow night. Roof is all sanded down - all washed down and will not final tac rag it till tomorrow night pre-shooting. I have to follow the Suns path so this will be interesting once again.

I screwed up on the cab window flexible window channel so I owe the owner a little refund so I can buy a couple sections of NOT 9/16th run channel but 5/8th run channel so I can get all the door sections assembled - paint on the door panels flattened out and this is how they look. Will get that overhead console in primer tomorrow first thing to get paint on it when I shoot the rest.

Little done tonight just due to chit on my mind from hearing bad news I did not want to hear.View attachment 494108View attachment 494109View attachment 494110View attachment 494111View attachment 494112View attachment 494113 MY OH MY - what is that Red - White and blue paint FOR ?????
You don't owe me anything Brother and you have what you need to get what you need!:beer: (But don't give Tinwoodsman THAT number)!

It's gonna be a radio truck folks, maybe not the correct radios for THAT truck but some of them will be. The rest will be period correct. There will also be a soldier in period correct uniform manning the radios 24X7...and he don't eat, drink, or sleep.:-D

Can anybody tell I'm getting more excited about this project?

Does anybody know how much I appreciate all of Zout's hard work on this project? I would French kiss him but the last time Zout-2 shot at me with her side arm.:roll:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't owe me anything Brother and you have what you need to get what you need!:beer: (But don't give Tinwoodsman THAT number)!

It's gonna be a radio truck folks, maybe not the correct radios for THAT truck but some of them will be. The rest will be period correct. There will also be a soldier in period correct uniform manning the radios 24X7...and he don't eat, drink, or sleep.:-D

Can anybody tell I'm getting more excited about this project?

Does anybody know how much I appreciate all of Zout's hard work on this project? I would French kiss him but the last time Zout-2 shot at me with her side arm.:roll:
Not to mention the mouth ulcers. :lol:

zout

I know you were having a heck of a time trying to figure out Morse Code at the Rally and about flipped - so my suggestion for lifeless corpses would be these two fella's - looks like you could have dressed them up whatever way you wanted and they would not know:

100_1530.jpgIMG_0173.jpgPhoto3060.jpg

zout

AH poopo nothing - I have your replacement - looks like all the Southern Camo folks are under mind control (or mind altering substances)100_0400%20(640x480).jpg

zout

Please follow along at WARP speed please:
Pump arrived - before that I met Zout2 at the polling station and voted in the primaries to STOP GIVING MY WEALTH AWAY - not political just a fact.

Got the pump mounted - tested and ready to go - got the truck tack ragged off and then blown off.
Mixed paint and got stuff laid out to get the higher sides.
Got half done and called Ron just to shoot the chit with him as I rested and took a break - hung up on Ron and got back to work.

You can see the overhead console that was repaired yesterday - primered an painted and ready to install when I finally get off my arse and work on the windshield. This goes in AFTER the windshield is screwed into place.

Makes a difference with good steady air pressure with these SATA HVLP guns I have - I am ALMOST happy now with the surface once I get the roof done I just might give it all a thumbs up - here ya go folks.IMG_1504.jpgIMG_1505.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1507.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1509.jpgIMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpgIMG_1512.jpgIMG_1513.jpg

Rmtaunton

Looks great , I'll have to find what sprayers and settings you recommended , I think you mentioned it when you were painting the 923 for Swiss.

Tin Medic

Thats just great, you dont like painted wood floors but you like painted windows. :cookoo: :naner:

The things you can accomplish with a working compressor. The paint looks awesome.

zout

Yes I painted glass - and its not anything a razor blade will not take off - I learned that from CAMO Doc - its a copyright trade sign of his - once done tell me you notice any difference.
Got home at 4:20 and was cleaning guns at 6:16 and closing the garage door - if you feel up to speed come and join me, I have worked in paint booths far worse than me painting outside right now cause the owners were to cheap to
clean their systems. Watch and see.

zout

Those SATA paint HVLP guns are a whole nother world from what I sprayed Swiss truck with - that was a $49 dollar suction feed gun - these SATA guns are in the $1000 range with a 22 inch spray pattern with 1.4 tips.

Swiss CUCV was spayed with the Northern Equip 3 pac gun set that sells for around $159 and each gun has its own specific tip - its a whole nother world with REAL GUNS.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
All I can say is HOLY BAT FARKELMAN!!! Now I'm gonna drive the view count up another 2K just looking at those last pics. To say I'm impressed, surprised, stunned, bewildered, flabbergasted, amazed...and some other complimentary words would just be an understatement so I'll just borrow a line from Phil on the Duck Dynasty Show...

I'M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!:papabear:

Oh...and did I mention I'm HAPPY??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks