• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Tin - all YOU have to do is send $35.00 for EACH handle to appear on the K plus shipping charge. We take donations - if you need my address to sent 8 window handles let me know. And those are just the window crank handles.

The small lock t handles are $20 each and we need two of them - plus shipping.

We also need two outside door handles and those are $65.00 each - plus shipping

Just pm me for my address for donations - we accept and you can then say - HEY you have all the handles on it - wow - but it does not put your name on the Title of the K.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The generator came today, we have two pieces of radio equipment...and some other stuff to go in the box, Zout is making AMAZING progress on the truck....so....:jumpin:

I guess tomorrow I better get off my butt and get that engine under way!!:roll:

:tigger:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
That's really funny. I thought you just hadn't put them back on yet, didn't realize they are actually missing.
Not to worry. Zout is gonna install those REALLY neat remote operated door thingys so the handles are not needed, he will just bondo the door handle holes.
Also the windows are all being converted to power/push button so cranks etc., are not needed.:naner:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't believe you told them! Even though you told me to pack sand after my critiques hit a nerve you said you won't bring it up here to keep it clean. I still can't believe the shoddy work i saw on that truck. Glad my M37 will be done elsewhere is all I have to say.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I can't believe you told them! Even though you told me to pack sand after my critiques hit a nerve you said you won't bring it up here to keep it clean. I still can't believe the shoddy work i saw on that truck. Glad my M37 will be done elsewhere is all I have to say.
I hope you and Zout are kidding...if not, take it elsewhere please. STOP WITH THE NEGATIVE VIBES!!!

glassk

Nice radio you picked up. Keep your eye out for an EE8 field phone in a leather case. Even if the case is in poor condition let me know I own a leather shop where we do repair and restoration. Also look for a brass morse code key and one of them lolly pop microphones. Maybe even a field phone switchboard to put in there. Just fill it up with radio brick brack and everyone will go ooohhhh aaaaahhh. :)

It's not a lolli-pop, but I have this one if PB wants it,...

Attachments

zout

YES we're kidding

So Adam calls me at work - HEY - I need my 37 for a while to play - I said OK its yours just come and play and I'll call ya when I am ready to do it - he picked it up Fri afternoon.

SO - not being able to leave such an opening left alone - the game began when Deb came home and I was in the garage looking very sad.

As she walked down the hill and within speaking distance and pointing to the empty hole where the 37 said I said - SOMEONE STOLE THE 37 and we need to call Adam !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I asked if she had his phone number and she beat feet back to the house and came running down the hill to bring it to me - I said YOU need to call him as I have had enough bad news this week and I started dialing and handing her the phone.

A couple minutes later Adam spills his guts that he had called me and was picking it up and I was laughing my arse off once she found out - needless to say if your ever on a receiving end of a joke its not so funny till very much later.
It was fun sleeping in the garage and going out to get my own dinner last night.

SO I told Adam - HEY why not play another joke seeing how folks are po'd at me anyhow - and there\fore the playing around with he just picked it up to bring it somewhere else:

Gotta tell ya - folks use to have a lot more fun years ago and not so touchy - oh well - thus continues the K build.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just be glad he didn't turn the tables on you- and told you that he hadn't made it yet.

He did call me, and tell me that the ZOUT fella is a lousy painter, and that he was going to have it done over. I told him that he was smokin some powerful weed, as I have seen 3 zout paint jobs, and they all looked like quality work to me.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Zout, I guess "no more jokes" I think we poked a sleeping bear.... :papabear:
Well, it wasn't a very funny joke!! I consider Dave and Adam to be two of my best friends and after I read that crap I decided I no longer wanted the truck and put it up for sale on EBAY last night with no reserve.

Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it wasn't a very funny joke!! I consider Dave and Adam to be two of my best friends and after I read that crap I decided I no longer wanted the truck and out it up for sale on EBAY last night with no reserve.
Okay it is sold I am buying

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks