• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Price JUST went up - he may have sold it but you gotta get it out out my hands first - besides he needs to raise the reserve - the flooring is almost DONE :) - you fellas with them low bids can pound sand.IMG_1545.jpgIMG_1546.jpgIMG_1547.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1549.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1552.jpgIMG_1553.jpg

zout

Besides what it looks like now may not be what you think you bought if he sold it !!!!!!!!Ahhhh. - For $100 you can have jars full of the old paint and melted metal. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, it amazes me to no end how you have been able to make such a respectable restoration in such a short period of time, while keeping it true to its original form.

Keep up the great work - can't wait to see it all polished up (so to speak) and done!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding Commander. Could you take a picture of one of the planks from an endgrain view. It looks like they were made using 1 to 2" strips of redwood. Very nice work. [thumbzup]

zout

Only GOOD thing about wood is that it burns - hotdogs - marshmellow - ribs. I totally dislike working with wood - period.

I have the very outter 4 corners to measure and cut and get screwed down. This is 1 1/4 red oak semi trailer flooring - not for the weak of heart. Gotta drill the holes first that use the impact gun with a torx 5/16ths shaft drive and ram the torx flooring screws in. This floor will eventually get the same product used on the WC 22 = Floor Restore which is also made for high impact traffic and its epoxy as well.

Depending on what PB will do with the walls as in put them back into paneling is just to far away to start thinking about right now - at least I won't bust my balls any more falling off the cross members walking in the back of the box.

See what it looks like tomorrow for final spraying the roof as well - that way I can get onto making that little stingray shield thing over the vent.

Will get into the cab finally hopefully Monday and also digging out that windshield framework - its no big deal but I been just putting it off.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I showed all these latest pics to the fellers at the CAMO Compound today and they all started :drool:ing so now I gotta have the carpet in my office cleaned again!:roll:

Not much work on the engine today but we DID at least formulate a plan to be executed Tuesday. Y'all will just have to wait til then for a progress report...maybe.

Zout my Brother, this is for you: :not worthy:

:tigger:

goldneagle

I bet the garage smells awesome from the smell of that oak. I love the smell of fresh cut wood. Your progress on the truck is amazing. The $1000 was a starting bid. (10x what the previous bidder bid):papabear:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are three EE8's and the code key set for sale (somewhere) as we speak...I'm just waiting to pounce on em!:roll:

I don't really want to fill the truck with ooohhh aaaahhh stuff as much as I want to get some period correct equipment if possible....I'm making progress!!:papabear:
Let me see if I still have some leather bag EE-8's, I know I have the WWII correct BD-71 (I have two, one does not have a working bell).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ya know, Doc had a good idea yesterday (sorta).:roll:

He wants us to take the K18-C to the MVPA National Convention in Louisville, Kentucky the last week of June and display it, finished or not!:shock:

I think that's pushing things TOO hard but I DARN sure want to take her to the next one!

The Commanders work needs to be appreciated on a national level IMO!!:papabear:

zout

Zout is just a knucklehead that appreciates hard working tools that made a difference in the wars - spend some time with me and you'll figure out my objecetives and reasons why I work so hard on this MV history.

NOTE** this trailer flooring is not designed nor made for what we are doing - it is an industrial flooring for forklifts to run over not matter how nice it looks nor how even it looks - from there we progress to what we have and installed and sanded down with HUNDREDS of DA sandpaper to get it to what we want it to look like.

Here is where we are at - but I would surely think the OWNER of the K would come and check it out sooner or later to make sure I am not photo shopping all these pictures and faking it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the interior flooring done and sanded - I will coat it next week some time - I am waiting for the sun to top the tree's in the back yard and cool the surface metal off an the fan running on the inside of the box so I can get the last coat of paint on the roof and forward cab area - it just takes time and its nothing that can be rushed - I will get as far as time allows.

OK ya couch potatoes - here are your pics IMG_1554.jpgIMG_1555.jpgIMG_1556.jpgIMG_1557.jpgIMG_1558.jpgIMG_1559.jpgIMG_1560.jpgIMG_1561.jpgIMG_1562.jpgIMG_1563.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang, I can hardly believe you got that windshield frame apart without totally destroying it!:beer:

Guess I owe Tinwoodsman a big wet sloppy kiss when I see him next!:roll: Thank's Bro!![thumbzup]

Commander that floor looks SOOOO much better in these pics than in the phone pics!!

OH...remind #5 Squirrel that he needs a helmet in GA...that Sheriff up there is a nit picker I tell ya!!:papabear:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks