• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Just a reminder, that is if I remembered to tell the IFS, the truck and engine IS wired for POSTIVE ground.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just a reminder, that is if I remembered to tell the IFS, the truck and engine IS wired for POSTIVE ground.
It won't be when Troy and Tony drop the engine back in!! They've already reversed the polarity on the WC-22 on purpose because it just didn't seem natural....and I know...it's supposed to be positive ground...but...:shrugs:

Zout if you are gonna be home Saturday be prepared for a visit from the Southwest Georgia Mafia crew!! We can't stand not seeing that rascal anymore!!:drool::drool:

I'll stop by that KFC in Tennessee and bring some vittles for lunch.:naner:

P.S. Every time I mention "Uncle Dave" BabyBear looks North and sniffs the air. Maybe he smells the beautiful wood floor? .

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

Guess I better stop photo copying pictures and hurry up and actually get some physical work done on it to match them fake pictures I have been posting up (oops).

BB can clean up all his beer cans next to his bowling ball while he's at it - he has turned into quite the lush hanging around ole uncle dave (oops again). I have to work on teaching him how to spit I guess.

Will be working on the cab interior - have a couple pieces to fabricate on the flooring - get the ole scrapper out and start working on removal of the grease clumps on the front axle/brake backing plate/spring shackles so I can get some primer and paint on it.

I'll be home - over the hill - working on the K - I will get the frig filled back up.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Guess I better stop photo copying pictures and hurry up and actually get some physical work done on it to match them fake pictures I have been posting up (oops).
BB can clean up all his beer cans next to his bowling ball while he's at it - he has turned into quite the lush hanging around ole uncle dave (oops again). I have to work on teaching him how to spit I guess.
Will be working on the cab interior - have a couple pieces to fabricate on the flooring - get the ole scrapper out and start working on removal of the grease clumps on the front axle/brake backing plate/spring shackles so I can get some primer and paint on it.
I'll be home - over the hill - working on the K - I will get the frig filled back up.
Zout, please remind me to pick up the seats so I can get them redone. It would be a bummer to have to sit on 5 gallon buckets to drive/ride in that beauty!!

Also, I'm trying to work with BB on his drinking problem but I'm afraid it's gonna take professional assistance.

Attachments

Last edited:

zout

If your coming to this thread you must be bored of reading the rest of the site.
If your coming to this thread to hear I now love wood - go back to reading the rest of the site.

I had all I could do to even touch that side door panel I stuck on and sand it down to get epoxy on it but I prevailed - now I am going to go eat a bar of soap and poke my eyes out with pencils.

Pics of some of the stuff left to sand blast this weekend - ahhh like side screen window frames - cover plates for the tail lights (one MIA so I have to make that also) the fuel fill tube cover panel and some other crap PB just dropped in the truck so I would have to throw it away in my garbage.

Here is that side door - tomorrow night when I regain my tolerance to cut more wood with the chisel and hammer I will get the other one done - OR - just get to scrapping the front end to get the gobs of caked on grease off it - ahhh lets see - scrape/cut wood ---- cut wood or scrape - time will tell.IMG_1613.jpgIMG_1614.jpgIMG_1615.jpgIMG_1616.jpgIMG_1617.jpgIMG_1618.jpg HEY - guess what I found jammed into the front firewall area where it meets the cab - I found the cover for that antenna boost thingy that mounts to the firewall - very cool.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I honestly forgot those screens were even on the truck!! That floor and door panel are enough to cause an official "woody"!!rofl

Please don't poke your eyes out Bro or you won't get to see what I sent your way today, or what I'm bringing you Saturday!!:beer:
:tigger:

zout

My inventory which is the same as I taught Adam to do when I eventually get to his 37 is just HEAP the chit pile up which belongs to you and I pick my way through it all.

BUT - some of the stuff I never took apart and had no frickin clue to where it installs eventually takes place to where it goes - its just all common sense which I have none of - I even suck at putting puzzles together and throw a lot of pieces away and just paint stuff in. Its like that Movie Doc Hollywood - you gotta just love the ending of the move. Not going to explain because if you do not know you just have to go watch it.

Hopefully before the owner shows up I can at least make an attempt at making stuff look worthy of making the trip all the way up here to Northern Camo Territory. If all fails I have the Sheriff's number to take his mind off being pissed off at me how his K is suppose to look per the pics.

zout

HEY YA ALL that just come here to look - will you ALL just do me a favor and just post up WHO you are just looking please - it is a pleasure your just looking and do not want to post anything because my work just sucks anyhow - but at least I would like to know WHO is just looking. Just sign in - it will not kill you - PB will not tazer you like he does me - just sign in your checking out the thread PLEASE. We'd all like to know you dropped in to listen to all this BLAH BLAH dribble.
dave

Wolfen

I love your work Zout. I just wish I was closer to you so I could have you finish my WC54. It would be much easier then PB's K18 just not as cool.

sojourner

Im here. I check in a few times a day but dont have much to add. Followed m43 but this is 100 times better! Fuuny, workmanship, old rare od, what more can you ask for?

rickf

I still check in every day for my daily blood pressure check and a good laugh. And a "Holy Crap how did he do that so fast reality check".[thumbzup]

I STILL have the bat nearby to make sure it does not yet turn into an ice cream truck! I am pretty sure we are well beyond that.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I've been watching this project since the pictures showed it still sitting in the woods. You've done a great job getting it back into shape in such a short time!
I agree. When I first saw the truck sitting under the pine tree I ALMOST said...nah...she's too far gone. THEN I realized I'd never seen a truck like this ANYWHERE...even in David Doyle's books and knew she had to be saved.

Also, I knew there was a man not too far from here that was about to finish a project and that if he (Commander Warp) didn't have something to keep him occupied he would freak out and become a nuisance to the community again.aua

I'm in negotiations with the power company to move their power lines so we can build a much bigger shop to fit my aircraft carrier in so The Commander will have plenty of room to restore it.:naner:

:tigger:

jasonjc

I check in on this 2-8 times a day. You are doing a great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't care what "that" m-37 guy says or thinks about your work.:p

zout

Thanks for you folks signing in - was not and am not looking for you to say anything just so you know but just wanted to see who is stopping in to check it out. The thanks is appreciated.

I was going to check out Debs jeepy to see if her bumperettes would match up to what should be on the back of the K - but she was keeping an eye on me last night to make sure I did not go anywhere near her jeep (tomorrow is another day).

By the time the CAMO crew shows up tomorrow I may be able to get the paint roller and spray bondo work done to make it look like them fake pictures show how it is suppose to look. If I hang clear plastic up where the windows are suppose to be he might not notice that either.

He's still in for a shock when he shows up and I know he hates surprises. HAHAHAHA

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks