• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

T ya better get perky again and arouse your MV addiction.
Discussed with PB tonight on the K project - but IF you bumped your head and unless the world was spinning backwards on you - GO CHECK OUT PB's thread on his command car project. This should give you a timeline to when the K
project will resume at my super low speed to completion - yeah and I suppose all you couch potatoes want pictures of what happens as well.:recovry4x4:

Will know more after next weekend takes place if we're not all in ZOUT afflicted COMA's having a LOW COUNTRY BOIL up here for a few. IF you wants pics of this you better send me beer money cause that fella that brought me that benz let it fall off the truck on the way up and I am hydrated and ready to pass out.

Stay Tuned - More to come of this funny show.

turnkey

Great work so far...But you could just buy a high van, paint it green, and call it quits...Couple CB radios...There you go....We have the URT-23 HF transmitter and a AN/WSC-3V UHF radio ...They are both just setting around the shop, not the right time period...But they have that great USN Gray paint and ID tags and they work.....Nice job it really looking great..More pics guys.

GatorBill

Thanks for the measurements papabear. Im sending them to Snyder Antique Automotive in OH to get them replicated by there spring guy Chris. My K-18 has a long way to go but this info was vital. I want to send you a copy of the 1942 November Radio News Magazine Special Edition with our truck in it. Great B&W and color pictures to enjoy. Im going to build my table from pictures etc. Take care! Bill

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for the measurements papabear. Im sending them to Snyder Antique Automotive in OH to get them replicated by there spring guy Chris. My K-18 has a long way to go but this info was vital. I want to send you a copy of the 1942 November Radio News Magazine Special Edition with our truck in it. Great B&W and color pictures to enjoy. Im going to build my table from pictures etc. Take care! Bill

Sorry it took me so long to send the measurements Bill (I told you I have issues):roll: We were coming back from lunch yesterday and I saw the K-18 sitting on line and it finally hit me....measure the seats!!

If you need anything else text me...that seems to get my attention faster.:cookoo:

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
T ya better get perky again and arouse your MV addiction.
Discussed with PB tonight on the K project - but IF you bumped your head and unless the world was spinning backwards on you - GO CHECK OUT PB's thread on his command car project. This should give you a timeline to when the K
I've been watching and commenting in the thread with the black Panzer / Mercedes. Can't sneak much past me. :twisted:

Bert

zout

I am sure PB will working out some details on getting the K up now that I let the cat out of the bag his GMCC will be ready to take back home on the 4th.

There are some items they need to round up so they come with the truck.

GatorBill

No worries mate. We all got things going on. I really appreciate the seat and measurement pix. I'll text you and you got my number as well. I did have my metal guy create the ladder steps from pictures. We did the best we could. I'll forward them to you. I don't know how to post pictures yet. Till later!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
No worries mate. We all got things going on. I really appreciate the seat and measurement pix. I'll text you and you got my number as well. I did have my metal guy create the ladder steps from pictures. We did the best we could. I'll forward them to you. I don't know how to post pictures yet. Till later!

You mean these pics Bill? It's great to see some more pics of the trucks in their natural habitat.:beer:

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

May 9th, 2015.

When you consider how close to razor blades that truck was when papabear picked it up...IT is an amazing restoration of an arguably very rare WWII truck (rare even then). Its so relatively ugly, it grows on you..... GM should offer him some really good PR for using it in one of their truck ads, as the stuff they build today will never last anywhere as long.....:neutral:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She's a beauty alright. Does grow on ya, sort of like mold....she's an amazing piece of history. I am very grateful PB and Commander are sharing her rebirth. Couch taters "love" photos! The amount of work done within that short time frame? WOW! Eagerly awaiting the continuing saga..........Thanks Gentlemen!

zout

Marchplumber - as you say "The saga" continuation starts today:.

Headed out in a short to head South Bound for a great time with the CAMO crew Ga Mafia - somewhere in between all the fun we'll figure out how to get that engine and components into my BABY truck (those are TWM's words) and back up here to the DZ. If ya all ask pretty pretty please I may think about taking some pictures and tease you with the Part 2 story.

Now to get that engine past the Sheriff up here cause he knows its PB's and he might hold it for ransom.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG

Headed out in a short to head South Bound for a great time with the CAMO crew Ga Mafia - somewhere in between all the fun we'll figure out how to get that engine and components into my BABY truck (those are TWM's words) and back up here to the DZ. If ya all ask pretty pretty please I may think about taking some pictures and tease you with the Part 2 story.

Now to get that engine past the Sheriff up here cause he knows its PB's and he might hold it for ransom.
I've checked...that rascally Sheriff is off on Mondays so you know when I'll have to run his blockade.:papabear:

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, Commander. VERY grateful for the enlightenment! Ya know us "couch taters" we can say please, purdy please, even add a cherry or whip cream to make it more enticing. Truly looking forward as the adventure continues. I realize that pictures are a lot to ask for, but when ya get her together, a VIDEO of her running sounds like the cat's meow!! God's speed Sir, good luck with the sheriff and the henchmen.

jasonjc

Pretty pretty please, those post make my day.
Well, Commander. VERY grateful for the enlightenment! Ya know us "couch taters" we can say please, purdy please, even add a cherry or whip cream to make it more enticing. Truly looking forward as the adventure continues. I realize that pictures are a lot to ask for, but when ya get her together, a VIDEO of her running sounds like the cat's meow!! God's speed Sir, good luck with the sheriff and the henchmen.

Me too, Please Please!

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Au Contrare Mr. Zout. I at no time called your daily driver a "Baby Truck". What I said was your truck that was owned by Mini Me. :whistle:

zout

So pb is waiting on us for 9 am breakfast at the vfw.....ahhh time for some fun.

Deb sends a text telling him i am having a discussion with an LEO on the way down and next one him talking to be about velocity &speed of sound ?

HUH me speeding to get to breakfast and the hooch....go figure while Debs texting we are walking into the vfw to eat.

Just had to havexsome fun with my friend...getting my arse kicked is another story for later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks