• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

EH !!!!!!!!! anyone notice that tail gate caved in !!!!

Not o much an early start this morning - got move Joker out of the way then proceed to a little sweeping out - a little cherry picker work and get this baby in place in the garage - get a few pieces all laid out as well.20150613_122032.jpg20150613_122057.jpg20150613_150015.jpg20150613_150035.jpg20150613_150136_HDR.jpg20150613_151024.jpg20150613_151046.jpg20150613_151101_HDR.jpg20150613_152055.jpg20150613_170315.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
When we turned the engine sideways on the engine stand it messed up my camera and some the pics came out sideways so I didn't post em!!:roll:

We also had a little cookout for employees and friends just for the heck of it.

Now we gotta find time to move the K18-C back up to Zout's AO for finishing touches.:grin:

Attachments

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see this project is moving forward again, thanks for the update.

That is one heck of a spread of fixins for a cookout. Now I'm hungry and its not even 08:30. (In one picture I saw Miller Lite cans............I thought that was illegal to sell down south) LOL

Bert

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad to see this project is moving forward again, thanks for the update.
That is one heck of a spread of fixins for a cookout. Now I'm hungry and its not even 08:30. (In one picture I saw Miller Lite cans............I thought that was illegal to sell down south) LOL Bert
The Miller Lite was smuggled in for a couple of yankee friends that came to visit.:shock: The rest of us were sipping on stuff that comes in 1/2 gallon bottles and has a big Crown on them.:papabear:

The local SWAT Team was on alert and Fort Benning had a company of Rangers on alert just in case.....:roll:

The women and children had a separate party in a secure bunker.:rules:

Piper Cub

Looking like some good progress is happening on the K18-C! I saw this truck advertised for an auction a couple days ago and it reminded me of the K18. It was described as an REO F22 military support truck but I was out of town for the auction and didn't get to see it in person. On the website it show that it sold really cheap along with all the other MVs they had, too bad I wasn't around to bring a couple home. Does anyone have any idea what this truck originally was for and if it might have had anything to do with communications like the K18?
front.jpginterior.jpgsn.jpg
There's more pictures on the auction website if you want to see them.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking like some good progress is happening on the K18-C! I saw this truck advertised for an auction a couple days ago and it reminded me of the K18. It was described as an REO F22 military support truck but I was out of town for the auction and didn't get to see it in person. On the website it show that it sold really cheap along with all the other MVs they had, too bad I wasn't around to bring a couple home. Does anyone have any idea what this truck originally was for and if it might have had anything to do with communications like the K18?
View attachment 565179View attachment 565180View attachment 565181
There's more pictures on the auction website if you want to see them.
These REO's were built for and issued by the CD Program (CIVIL DEFENSE) during the Cold War. Most were painted White with Blue highlights, trim and lettering.

1954Reo_01_700.jpg

zout

Got lots of bolt holes tapped out - cleaned out - got a couple pieces of mounting hardware wire brushed an cleaned off to mount a few pieces I kept tripping over. Taking a lot to a secret hide out to put them into a safety kleen tank for a deep cleaning and a blow job (CAN I SAY THAT ??) I guess I did huh - then I can paint them.
Have to remember CAMO crew had lots of the engine in ready to go condition - I am only putting the pieces of the rest of the puzzle together and then get it installed - wired - running - do wheelies out of it.

PB will get the truck here so I can see the other half of the pieces parts puzzle of what linkage etc remains in the engine compartment - lots of stuff in there I know needs freed up as well (nothin to blow in there).
Couple pics for ya couch potatoes.20150614_111509.jpg20150615_161028.jpg20150615_171854.jpg20150615_173051.jpg

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ohhhh, they do that TW, they do that!!! They watch "out", "in", "private" and "public"....... (enough said, don't wanna hijack thread or get to mentioning the "gooberment" like another member around here says) Would be even funnier if it wasn't true!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
THANKS for the pictures!! Quite the feast ya put on PB!!! Looks like a wonderful time!! curious as to how Commander will loosen the other "linkages" he mentioned since they are still attached to the K. Eagerly awaiting............................

zout

Those protruding studs behind the carb are the missing link I will not get into missing link folks with two legs but instead the mechanical kind - therefore needing the truck to see what remains hanging in limp mode waiting to be put in its right place in the puzzle.

I just happen to have some "friends" that work in a different line of work is all - but around them I still wear my tin hat. They just happen to be perfect for those positions. When you see the DZ getting covered in tin foil ahhhhhh I guess another cookout will be in the future (kinda like when the K is finished).

Next is bell-housing/clutch/throw-out bearing getting mounted up - guess I have to clean more bolts huh.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks