• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now ya see John, it's all a matter of perception!

You see the K18-C as being abused, held captive, enslaved, chained and desiring her freedom.

I see her as being pampered and under protective custody!! See...her shoes (tires) can't get dirty on the trailer and the chains simply keep her from accidently rolling off the trailer and possibly causing harm to herself or some other unsuspecting vehicle.:roll:

As far as a Red Cross package, I've arranged to get her a new exhaust system installed next Tuesday. Gosh...what else could a 74yr old lady want?
:papabear:

A 74 year old lady with anew exhaust system?!!?!??! OMGosh PB! That's "open" for a wide translation.

I think the K had enough time "free and on her own" considering what she looked like when ya found her......she needs some attention at this stage of her life.....second childhood so to speak.....

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB, you are good.... REAL GOOD ! ! !
You have taken what I (jokingly) dramatized and glamorized it !
You have a way with words... almost rivaling Wreckerman's silver tongue.
Be blessed, Bro!
I take that as a compliment Sir!

However...I must inform you that Wrekerman's "silver tongue" probably came from his years of messing with that cross eyed, one legged, oriental transvestite midget he is so fond of and I suspect antibiotics may be in order there. (Oh...the horrible images flashing in my head).:shock:

Rest assured though, I have accepted responsibility for "Old Betsy" (the K18-C's name) and she will be well cared for on my watch.:beer:

Attachments

Rmtaunton

The K18 is still loaded on the trailer as I was planning on taking her to the GAMVPA thingy this Saturday but while looking at my calendar yesterday I realized that is MB's birthday!:shock:

Guess we will unload her today and maybe take a look and see about a plan for work benches to mount the radios on.

Also gotta get a muffler installed...gosh she is loud.

Well blah !! I would have loved to see her at the MVPA rally

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we aren't the furthest North Sector, by any means, but we do wish a heartfelt birthday wish to Mrs. Papabear!! May she have all the happines, joy, and fun on her special day!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I know i cannot hear a thing since trial runs.

Yep...she's pretty LOUD...but she's been absolutely quiet for a VERY long time and she just wants to exercise her new lungs!

I almost hate to quieten her down but I know it's the right thing to do.
:papabear:

BabyBear was scouting out the truck and saw a spider in the box and took immediate action!!

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I got my little heart broken this evening and boy do I feel like a dumba$$!! Here's what happened:

I got the MVPA supply line/Army Motors magazine a couple of days ago and I just got time to thumb thru it. Well wouldn't ya just know it....under "Miscellaneous" in the classified section was listed:

FOR SCR-197!!!:shock:

I immediately started reading about practically EVERYTHING I need to complete the K18-C by nomenclature including....wait for it....the ever elusive K19 TRAILER!!

Without a moments hesitation I called the phone number listed and before I could say anything the voice on the other end asked..."Hello...is this Larry"??

Well....of course the alarm bells went off....How does this guy know my name??

I stuttered out..."Hey, I saw your ad in the MVPA book...do you really have a K19 trailer and all that stuff for sale for sale"??

His answer was....wait...that's not in the "For Sale section....it's in the Wanted Section". Boy did I feel stupid.:oops:

Long story short....we had met at the MVPA Convention in Louisville, Kentucky and had a nice talk about K18-C stuff and after I looked at the ad again while on the phone I recognized his name.:shock:

I never said I was smart....and I can prove it at any time.

zout

Least ya could have done was sold him a Papabear K18 tee shirt limited edition. Heck BB could have signed it for them.

The ellusive K19 trailer...oh where oh where could it be.

That will teach you not to read stuff in the special reading room while your trying to get the other business done and worse off have your phone with you.

Do you realize how many accidents happen to the elderly in thd poo poo room reading books and playing with their phone.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks