• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB,
The Scriptures tell us to guard our eyes, they are the gateway for deception indeed.
You were tricked into "seeing" only what you wanted to see.
I'm glad you've gotten back on track.

I had never thought of it this way before, but one of this evening's posts brought this to mind....

I happen to have FIVE K-9 Trailers !!! Unfortunately they all fall short of the K-19 ranking.
One of them is a Chow mix, then two Redbone Coon Hounds, then a three-legged Great Dane-Catahoula Cattle Dog mix, and finally a slightly larger than normal Yorkie. They are all "Trailers", especially when they think I'm going to feed them or play. They trail me here, they trail me there, they trail me EVERYWHERE ! ! !

So, if you're wanting to kick it down about ten notches, you could recruit BabyBear as your new K-9 Trailer.

:whistle: :doh: :nothingfunny:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Finally got the ole girl to the muffler shop today. It was only about 4 miles up the road but by the time I got there my ears felt sorta like they did after firing mortars all day without ear plugs!!:shock:
Enroute to the shop in the right lane, a Columbus Police officer pulled up next to me and rolled down his window...he recognized me and gave me a smart salute...then stuck his finger in his right ear and drove off.:shrugs:

The guy at the shop said he had done some research in anticipation of working on the K18-C but all he could find was some stuff on something called steelsoldiers.:D

Anyhoo...after assuring him that the hangers/muffler/pipes didn't have to be the "original" type...we got a new muffler/pipe that dumps in the original location just forward of the rear axle on the driver's side.:beer:

She is SO much quieter now and runs smooth as silk!

I suspect the speedometer is not functioning correctly though, it was bouncing from about 60 to 90 and Tony was following me and swears the fastest we ever went was about 42 MPH.:driver:

Attachments

Last edited:

rickf

Doctors orders, Zout needs a new project! We should all chip in and get it for him.

On edit: I just looked through the rest of the pictures and it looks like someone else got it but can you believe the size of the trailer they towed it on?! That HAS to weigh more than 5,000lbs.?

Last edited:

Oldfart

http://vintagemilitaryvehicles.com/ thought you might like to see this, if you haven't, looks like a stretched version?

I ran across several K-18's in a salvage yard and one of them was a longer wheel base unit. You can see how the body was stretched, but the frame is a factory longer unit. Given the quality of the body modification, I am of the opinion it was not a field conversion, but purpose built. Originally I thought the unit I found was a "one off" but it seems perhaps not.

rickf

Remember, Bodymen back then were a very highly skilled group of people and could join metal like it was done from the factory. The reason being is that they did it the same way in the factory, BY HAND!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran across several K-18's in a salvage yard and one of them was a longer wheel base unit. You can see how the body was stretched, but the frame is a factory longer unit. Given the quality of the body modification, I am of the opinion it was not a field conversion, but purpose built. Originally I thought the unit I found was a "one off" but it seems perhaps not.
nopics

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I'm still waiting for that K-19 Trailer to magically appear somewhere!:popcorn:

Zout would have a screaming heebie jebbie fit if I dropped that off for a project!:D

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm still waiting for that K-19 Trailer to magically appear somewhere!:popcorn:

Zout would have a screaming heebie jebbie fit if I dropped that off for a project!:D
What would be the chance of finding a OLD air stream trailer being it has a very close resemblance to the K19, so the K19 could be made from it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks