• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1952 XM211

ronfry261

Good Day All. I am the proud owner of this 1952 XM211. Serial Number 8453. It's second life was as a Fire Truck for Rist Canyon Volunteer Fire Department. It was received from Larimer County Emergency Services in 1996 and saw plenty of action until September of 2005 when it was decommissioned. It has the 5 ton PTO winch, used to have a 1000 gallon tank and an 18hp pump on. I have since removed the tank and pump, and use it primarily for logging my property.

I am very interested in locating technical and service manuals for this truck. I do have the technical manual for the transmission, TM-9-8025-2, 301MG and 303M Hydra-Matic Transmission. I am also interested in knowing how difficult it is to find parts for this truck.

Thanks very much. It's great to find a website that is dedicated to these vehicles!

Ron

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site, Ron. Nice solid rig you have there, no cancer which is good. Do you plan on bringing her back to the OD Green fold, or keeping it yellow for now?

As far as manuals, we have a bunch in the manuals section of the site, check there first. As far as parts, there are surprisingly a lot of spares still out there for this rig. Alfa Heaven has a bunch for the M135/M211 series, AB Linn has some on eBay. Get a subscription to Military Vehicles Magazine, it will be worth it's weight in gold for locating parts sources and like minded folks who deal in old deuces.

ronfry261

Thanks Mike. I probably will take it back to original green, once I get a bed on it and
such. Have to admit, I can see this thing for miles! It sure is a workhorse! Pulls trees
with the winch easily. Couldn't manage the property without it.

Thanks for the info. I'll look for the magazine. I saw someone on the forum that had
the manuals on cd. Just sent an email to him. I didnt see them in the tech manual section, so if I can get a copy of the cd, I'll upload them.

Ron

ronfry261

Thanks Joseph. Do you have an Ebay Store? Either that or send where you stuff is located on Ebay and I'll bookmark ya to keep an eye out and as a reminder to me.

You guys have a great website here. Its nice to see.

Thanks again. :D

jagjetta

Ron,
Welcome to the hobby...you found a great truck. Send me a private email with your snail-mail address and I will be happy to send you a sample of Military Vehicles Magazine. My theory is, "Once you get the magazine in their hands, they are hooked!" Well, I don't know if that theory is right, but I hope you enjoy the magazine (the current issue has a good bit on the M211, in fact).

John Adams-Graf
Editor, Military Vehicles Magazine
john.adams-graf@fwpubs.com
www.militaryvehiclesmagazine.com

pa.rich

Ron , That 211 is looking good! I like the color as it is, kind of refreshing! I own a 1952 Xm211. I have a red siverado like yours also. So dont paint it olive drab cause we wont be able to know whose is whose. Welcome aboard and there are alot of knowledgeable men at S.S. And yes that mag article is well done.

Ron I have a bed off of my 1953 m211 with all the bolts and wood that lays on the frame and the springs that go on the bolts the tail gate could use some work but it opens and closes . the manual I have I bought from Memphis equipment (901-774-0600) for about $50 and it covers so much about the truck I have two parts trucks I used to rebuild my truck and need to get all this stuff out of my yard to make room for other trucks .I live about 40 miles south of Durango Colorado .so if you want to come pick up this truck bed and what ever else you need.free let me know Kenny

deuceman51

I have tons of spare parts for the M211/M135 trucks. Give me a email if there is anything that you need for yours. I love these trucks, they are so simple to work on and they look great. Just got back from the military, so I'm resuming my restoration of my 54 M211. Good luck with your project.

KWolfe

I wish that some of you guys with parts and parts trucks were a little closer to me. There are very few MV in my neck of the woods. I live in northern Alberta.

raven853

1952 xm211

Just purchased an XM 211 (1952) The old guy I'm getting it from said it was from a great rescue attempt that he was on. How do I verify numbers?

Thank you!

Stalwart

I had one, it was BEAUTIFUL, it lost a transmission the second day I owned it. It seems there are still people believing you were supposed to use NON-Detergent oil in the transmission. Problem is, non-d. has no anti foaming additives and after a while the oil foams and you loose pressure to the clutches . . . FAILURE!

I put a "rebuilt" one from those untrained monkeys at Memphis Equipment and it failed within 70 miles. I was on a MV club campout and the sucker stranded me, I very nearly took the plate off it and left it. I was so pissed off, I gave it away to a Korean War Vererans group, thanks to a museum owner who donated a proper rebuilt unit and some National Guard mechanics who did the work, the old guys have a nice parade truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks