• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1953 Stude M275 Can't find manuals need brake help. . .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sure sounds like our boy "hurstssamx" !!!!

His truck was yellow too. I'll bet it is the same one, there are not too many M275 gassers running around.

Here's Hustssamx's photobucket account link. There is a good picture of "his" M275 there. The descripions sound like him and his truck. Miltiary trucks :: Right side picture by HURSTSSAMX69 - Photobucket

Welcome to the site. Oddly ,your name(Mike) is the same as his name, and you have some of the same vehicles in your sig lines(iirc)!

Last edited:
StudebakerM275 I live in Bristol,Wi and have a totally restored ,been on cover of Military Vehicles magazine M275a2. Have looked to locate you from previous posts.There will be several HMVs at car show Sunday on Hwy C just west of I94 it will be there.Stop out I would like to meet you.
DavidB
Where at like the VFW on CV ?

Mike

hurstssamx

Banned
Dude your not going to get any help on that truck from these guys I pissed them off along long time ago ! Kind of why i sold it ! Buyer beware . . .

AMX

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, here is how you solve your brake problem. Remove your master cyl, air-pack, brake hoses, and wheel cylinders and put them in the trash. Blow out all your steel lines and inspect for rust pits. Replace any that are questionable. Throw away any brake shoes soaked in oil or brake fluid. Install all new parts, bleed with silicone fluid, and you're done.

Any deviations to this and you will be doing repairs over and over again, and putting yourself and the public at risk. Are you gonna spend hundreds of dollars and lots of time? Yup. But that is the price to pay to put a 60 year old truck on the road . . .

I had to do all this to my 1967 M275A2 back in 1995, and you know what, I have not touched the brakes since, except for inspection of the fluid level in the master.

Mike, here is how you solve your brake problem. Remove your master cyl, air-pack, brake hoses, and wheel cylinders and put them in the trash. Blow out all your steel lines and inspect for rust pits. Replace any that are questionable. Throw away any brake shoes soaked in oil or brake fluid. Install all new parts, bleed with silicone fluid, and you're done.

Any deviations to this and you will be doing repairs over and over again, and putting yourself and the public at risk. Are you gonna spend hundreds of dollars and lots of time? Yup. But that is the price to pay to put a 60 year old truck on the road . . .

I had to do all this to my 1967 M275A2 back in 1995, and you know what, I have not touched the brakes since, except for inspection of the fluid level in the master.
Ok thanks will do ! any idea on what is needed for air pressure ?

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks