• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1965 m35a2 first gl purchase

jackson76550

Bid on this truck while I was bored offshore and ended up winng the auction. Its the first thing I have bought on gl so I was a bit nervous about the process...especially bidding on it without checking it out. Well I feel like I got lucky this time, the truck is nicer than I expected! Zero rust! Its so rust free it almost cant be the original cab?? It has bracing behind the seats I havent seen before as well. Put some batteries in and Truck started right up and ran great, has no brakes or guages but a friend has most all the parts I need. Truck has a bunch of new parts here and there and brand new front tires almost like they were fixing it up and decided to take it out of service?? Beats me...it has a small leak at the pto but otherwise leak free.

truck also has thundercat logos on the doors as an added bonus,

Attachments

FloridaAKM

Nice looking truck & welcome aboard to the Green Iron Laughing Academy. Seems like you have all your ducks in a row so far with the purchase & recovery of your first truck. Post up some more pictures as you get her fixed up & running. Good luck with all!

jackson76550

image.jpgimage.jpgIts not my first, i had a deuce a few years ago and i bought a 5 ton a month ago. After seeing what the 5 ton went for on gl.... I decided i need to buy a few trucks there too! I will get some more pictures up here in a bit

jackson76550

the vin starts with 01 so I assume it is a 65 model

the tires are Samson 0b103 traction tires, found a few places that carry them with a google search