• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1968 JK M35A2 Restoration Project!

wsucougarx

Welder Sam

After the technical difficulties with the Home Depot formula mix up, I went down to Home Depot to question the labels they placed on the last batch of paint. They agreed they put the wrong label on my last batch of green and apologized. I had them pull up my green formula and had them mix up a gallon for my MEP-006a project.
So here are the VERIFIED 383 CARC Substitute formulas...whew!!!
Again sorry for any confusion
Picture:
1- 383 Green
2- 383 Brown
3- Flat Black
thanks a ton! i just printed them off. got plenty of rigs needing cleaned up!:beer:

lawdog1623

Great thread guys. Can someone please tell me the best method for removing small areas of rust before painting? Is there a specific chemical ? I plan to remove all lose pain on my deuce first but i was hoping for a fairly easy way to stop and remove rust in small areas before painting.

wsucougarx

I used one of those paint stripping wheels you put on a drill motor. I got it at Walmart in the automotive dept where they have bondo etc. Once I ground the rust off, I put the Rusty Metal Primer on it.

bshupe

I think there is a green out there that is slightly darker than the 383 but not as dark as the older semi-gloss green. Does anyone have any ideas what that is? Maybe something more woodland/forest and not so much OD but still flat-flat.

Thanks!

Welder Sam

Ive decided to follow your lead friend. Seems as though you and several others have had excellent results from this paint. I picked up a gallon mixed to match rustoleum deep forest green and the pictured gun monday. Thanks for sharing this

wsucougarx

You're welcome. Share the knowledge is what Steelsoldiers is all about. I try to put as much details in my threads to help everyone out. Just PM'd you some Behr advise.

wsucougarx

Oh, this project truck is not yet done. I have a set of 395's sitting in the backyard to go on this truck....someday. The M923 has my full undivided attention at the moment:)

Toolmakers Deuce

Hi, I am sure you guys can help me. Look at my avitar and tell me what color yellow orange that is on my truck. It is a 1968 Keiser Jeep m35a2. I would like to buy some spray paint touch up for it. Those colors are original military colors. Thanks

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks