• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 AM General M35A2 *Updated 9/28/08*

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks to me like you need to paint the camper to match the truck, Craig! Might want to install some HMMVW tail lights on it, too. :)

Flea

Made my own mini-light kit and finally got it wired and working today. Pics to come tomorrow when I get some light outside.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, that truck looks a LOT better since I drove it home from Chambersburg GL lot! Nice work!

And nice house! Wish I had one that good looking....

Flea

Thanks, Mike!

Although, the house would have been out of our reach had my uncle not passed away last year, so the enjoyment for us is somewhat bittersweet.

Flea

Lighting upgrades. All the new marker lights turn off when you turn off the parking lights; also they don't come on with the B/O lights, just the regular park lights/headlights.

Edit to add: The first picture is some red dome lights I added to the cab. If I need regular white light, I can just pop the cover off. I wired in two 12V clearance lights in series for 24V and wired them into a switch on the dash.

The marker lights are all still 12V, but are relayed from the 24V system and tapped off one battery for the time being. To balance things out, the two aux lights are tapped off the other battery.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks