• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 Am M109A3

Is this neosin poop for brains still around? I can't believe the way he talked to you guys. I must have missed this thread, I'd been on him like white on snow. To all Newbies, we don't disrespect David Doyle, the Bible, or our Chaplin.
:ditto: Not all us noob's are naive ... nor disrespectful ... regarding the above mentioned poop, he has not logged on, according to his profile page, for 30 days ... but alas it does not reveal if he is lurking, circling the rim so to speak >>pull handle to flush<<:grin:

Neosin

nice...

To quote NEOSIN
"I kind of figured I'd run into a few like you guys on a site like this. "
Are you referring to knowledgable, helpful, polite people with way more experience with these vehicles than you. People who have taken them completely apart and put them back together. People who have read all the manuals cover to cover. People who have written tech articles for national publications. People who have written books on these vehicles.
People that are here without an "attitude" other than to help others NOT cause harm to themselves and others through ignorance and poor operation and lack of proper PM on these vehicles.
If these are the kinds of people you are talking about, you will find that there are a lot more than a "few on a site like this". This site is full of people like that.
BC

Last edited:

Neosin

So to close up, here is what I've learned.

If you lose brakes on the road, it makes for a great story, it shows how knowledgeable you are now, and your in no way a danger. Caused by "part failures" perhaps better maintenance needed?

and/or...

If you lose brakes in your backyard, stopped never anyone in danger, no insane maneuver required, families all safe, get this not even one sign taken out... Your a dumb reckless careless wiping (newbie) boy because "knowledgeable" fokes wanna let you know how it is... THE cause Dog under the truck likes rubber chew toys.

2 or so years later no brake failure...

I know some you guys like to think of yourself as helpful, but that's not what I got but a few small pointers. I felt like I got bashing, condescending wise butts wanting to tell some newbie off. didn't your mama tell you if you don't have something nice to say "KEEP IT TO YOURSELF"?

Some of you hit me up in PMs and actually did help me and had choice words for other members. To you I say thank you. Your help was more that helpful.

So I hope we can drop it and some way some how move on over and past... name calling, silliness and plain out childishness...

NoLeftTurns

Hopefully this poster hasn't ruined opportunities for the rest of us newbies. As someone who is in the process of trying to recover my first deuce, I really appreciate the help I have received from the steel soldiers. While at first we may detect a slight bit of "know it all ism" once you open your ears, you begin to understand how little you may know. It is people like the original poster that hurt my chances of getting a knowledgeable answer from experienced operators. They feel as us newbies don't listen and they shouldnt waste their breath.
I am here to listen and learn. Thank you to the "generals" around here who continue to answer stupid questions. Please respond to posters reguardless of their attitudes, the info may help the rest of us who are listening in the back. My first post response was along the lines of "RTFM". I didn't get defensive or brash. I read the FM. That is the single most helpful response I have had yet.
It enabled me to realize that I need to do a comprehensive brake overhaul before moving my deuce. We don't really have hills here in Colorado either. They are called mountains. I won't even take off the parking brake until I have thoroughly checked the brakes.
It is not always about performing ritual maintenance and roadside checks. The OP is right, almost no one routinely checks and maintains their passenger vehicles, however a deuce is not made to the standard of a passenger vehicle. It is also about understanding the mechanics behind the vehicle. If you know how your vehicle works and what it is designed for, then you will have far less problems and be able to self diagnose.
Again, thanks all the steel soldiers. And any newbies like me, don't take it personal but RTFM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks