• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1976 Canadian 5/4 ton - New acquisition

eme411

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the CF ran out of the tires before the end of the 76's service life, Goodyear's replacement was a tire that was way undersize , very bad for the Rad Vans, BF Goodrich did have a tire that looked almost the same and was the correct size in every way,

blueblaze

your talking the Kenora Harborfest car show in August? They had it last year, don't see why it wouldn't be happening again this year. I couldn't go last year because of work though. But if you were showing up with the five quad, I might be sick that day for sure haha. And I hear ya about the club member transfer, i think I found this truck over on maple leaf up after a quick googling. quite the collection you got with the rig.

charlietango

Also fuel milage wasn't a concept at that point yet...maybe a little bit in the civilian world in 76 but definitely not in the military lol. We still used gas deuces at that point ...

charlietango

It's apparently more complicated than that as the TC will not disengage the driveshaft. So it'll still be working most of the stuff, probably won't make a big enough difference to warrant the work. I drive it around the city... mileage - smileage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks