• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1977 M880 Progress..

Wy-m880

I had placed the fulltime axle back under it, and the driveline was on it, but as i told the guy i sold it to in casper, it needed new cv, it look seeized

willybill99

Thanks for the info. It doesn't have a front driveshaft right now. The guy I'm looking to buy it from said the previous took it off for better mileage and it still doesn't have one.

Elwenil

Be aware that you cannot run a full time 4WD truck without a front driveshaft. The center differential in the NP203 transfer case will freewheel without both driveshafts and you have to put it in LOC mode to even get it to move but driving it in LOC all the time will wear out the differential lock pins. The only way to make one part time is with a part time conversion kit in the transfer case or a transmission and transfer case swap to a part time case. For what it's worth, there is no measurable mileage gain from converting to part time, so there isn't much point.

Wy-m880

if i had the room id buy it back, i chased down my old m886, and it is back, something worth haveing once is worth having twice, besides, it also been converted to PS and a DANA60 front now, lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks