• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1978 Oshkosh 911 Tractor and 747 trailer

Dukw

WOW what a response from the group … thank you all for the help , support and all info is appreciated. It is nice to see other have the same adduction to OD green vehicles as I do. To answer the “wide load issue”. The biggest problem is the trailer, the duel tires protrude out from the sides of the trailer. It is not road legal in any way…… so I have singles that will be installed ASAP . this will get the tires under the trailer. Some of you wanted to know what the He!! I was going to move with this truck. Yes I know it’s over kill for what I need (my wife calls it small Dixk syndrome). I’m into WWII tanks and super DUKW’s, this is an excellent truck and trailer to move them ,It is low and wide….. Not to mention the 911 and trailer is a very interesting vehicle on its own. I love the DARN thing! Thanks again for the support and information and please send all photos of correct stencils.

Rob Reigle
MaxIncBal579@gmail.com

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We had a tank transport unit near us in Korea.....occassionally they would haul our tanks to the range verses road marching them along the tank trails......about a 30 mile drive.

They are awesome but as pointed out they will suck the bottom out of the fuel tanks.

I think that unit had a 1200 gallon HEMMET tanker that followed them around when they convoyed.

I only got to drive one once but it was great.....but the old Willis Brothers song "Give me fourty acres and I'll turn this rig around" comes to mind.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDxVJ471hyg[/media]

Last edited:

emr

WOW I almost did not want to look, because i new it was going to be soooo nice, AND it was nicer than i could have ever imagined, Man that is one sweet truck, good luck all the best :) :) :)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WOW what a response from the group … thank you all for the help , support and all info is appreciated. It is nice to see other have the same adduction to OD green vehicles as I do. To answer the “wide load issue”. The biggest problem is the trailer, the duel tires protrude out from the sides of the trailer. It is not road legal in any way…… so I have singles that will be installed ASAP . this will get the tires under the trailer. Some of you wanted to know what the He!! I was going to move with this truck. Yes I know it’s over kill for what I need (my wife calls it small Dixk syndrome). I’m into WWII tanks and super DUKW’s, this is an excellent truck and trailer to move them ,It is low and wide….. Not to mention the 911 and trailer is a very interesting vehicle on its own. I love the DARN thing! Thanks again for the support and information and please send all photos of correct stencils.

Rob Reigle
MaxIncBal579@gmail.com
but even with single tires isn't the trailer over width ?

jaxsof

TB 43-0209 is the 1990 version, has unit markings and the correct stencils. I have the font if you wanna print your lettering on the puter, Ill e-mail it

M920

but even with single tires isn't the trailer over width ?

Yes the M747 is 10ft wide without the tires. It is a whoopin 12ft wide with the tires!!!!

Thats why I run 22.5" rims with 255/70R 22.5 low profile tires on mine.

The M911 is almost 10ft wide with the rear dualls installed....so you got to permit it one way or another....As i said before....Awesome Truck and Trailer Rob!!!! :drool:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks