• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1983 Govplanet Hummervee

HUMVEE1

1983 Govplanet Hummervee prototype TE0001

Just took delivery of my 1983 Govplanet Hummer prototype and I am very pleased with both the truck and the buying experience.
The truck has only 3000 miles on it and still has the original tires, seat cushions (look to be out of an M151),
Paint with grease pencil camo outline still visible etc.
While it does not yet run, I expect to remedy that soon.
I was fortunate to find such a rare item on Govplanet and even though the paperwork took a while, I was prepared for and expecting that. A couple of items went missing (rifle holders, alternator )after the advertisement photos were taken and before the truck was delivered. Govplanet made an equitable adjustment for that

Anxious to get to work on it !

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't think the "standard" windshields ever folded down. I know some of the up armored ones have pop out glass. SouthernSteel up in NC may have some of the parts you need,
BTW pictures please.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think the "standard" windshields ever folded down. I know some of the up armored ones have pop out glass. SouthernSteel up in NC may have some of the parts you need,
BTW pictures please.
All the windshields use the same leafs... they all have the capability to fold down...they are mounted on 3 forward pivots and 2 rears left and right that the pins get removed...slantback has a fixed plate inside instead of the removable pin as it can't fold down due to the roof...but it's the same A-pillar mounting setup.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Thanks Retiredwarhorses I did not know that, I was armor and we only had 2 in our unit and I never saw one with the windshield folded down, but saw several with no wind shield glass.

HUMVEE1

Most have hinges. I agree. Mine does not. Has the multi leaves but it is a fixed bracket. No pin or place for a pin. Probably because it is so old.
For some reason I can't post a picture.

Last edited:

HUMVEE1

I was referencing the serial number on the hood. Sort of hard to read !
it says:

U S ARMY
T E 0 0 0 1

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Isn't the serial number on the mfg data plate inside the driver's door frame?

Are you thinking you scored an early prototype or something? We still would like to see more pictures!

Last edited:

HUMVEE1

I think this and that but know very little.
I think.....
This truck never had a plate in the normal location. I think it is a 1983 and the first truck made for Testing and Evaluation.
Phase I was the developmental mule phase from 6 companies.
Phase II were the prototypes from 3 companies.
Phase III were the Testing and Evaluation trucks.
This truck is Phase III 01 or TE0001.

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That dash arangment sure isn't right, it might actually be a prototype.

Can you do any shots of the whole vehicle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks