• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1985 923a1 where is the engine temp sensor? My gauge is maxed so it has power...

Brianmontesa

So, when I picked up my truck, the only gauge working was the engine temp gauge. Got everything fixed and took the truck to a shop to have some other stuff done. Now my engine temp sensor doesn't work. It has power, when I turn the battery on the needle goes straight to the top. So my question is where is the sensor located? Has to be on a coolant port somewhere. Any help would be great. Thanks, Brian.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in the TMs.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's in the TMs.

Attachments

Brianmontesa

You are good. I was able to find the sensor location in the TM but not the guide. Thank you very much! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Brianmontesa

Well, I finaly got to the bottom of it. The engine temp gauge was hooked to the trans temp sensor. I corrected the wiring and found the trans temp sensor was bad. Just waiting for my part now.

Thanks for the help everybody.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks