• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 chevrolet d30 service truck

jeffsnipes

Im new to the site and just purchased a 1986 chevrolet d30 service truck with the generator and air compressor cant get the generator to engage it turns with the pto but no output. I read a forum were a gentleman replaced the boards with a woodward 4500 speed controller.Im kind of lost with miliary equipment any imput would help thanks jeff

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the site. Some of our members with these trucks should be along to help with your question.

jeffsnipes

Update on my generator

Well my generator works.I didnt relize it needs engine rpms to kick it in,When I give the truck throttle the generator kicks in. The only problem I have now my governer will not respond to the generator. I tested the toggle switch on the dash has no power to it only the light comes on when you activate the pto any ideals? Thanks jeff

AZK9

Welcome from Arizona!

Good luck with your project. You'll be able to learn a lot from folks on this site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks