• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 CUCV M1009 Decade after being wrecked.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
........ I haven't heard anything when my car will finally be transported to Germany........... I check every 5 minutes my Mail account ( I'm already thinking about going to the doctor about it ), that I'm not missing a thing ..........the only thing that helps is to wait, I've already asked when it will continue...... That's all I can do......

cucvrus

Looks good to me. It was a long trip my Friend. That is all easy touch up. I expected worse after all the hands that went handled it. Thank you for the update. Enjoy. If you have problems with anything let me know. I will try and assist. Sending paint over is impossible. Thank you.

cucvrus

I really like the way it sits with the 4 new leaf springs. it really looks like new. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I bought it in 1996. New Mexico National Guard unit. All the numbers were painted over when I bought it. It was barely used. Good Luck.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any updates? Has the vehicle been released to you? If not what is holding it up from being released? I hope you have it or at least have a time line that you will have it. This transaction started back in June/July. Keep me posted.

Here in Germany it is not so easy to register a vehicle that is a bit older and then comes from another continent also........ what I mean by that, it's better to have a professional do it.
I have not yet worked with this workshop, but it was recommended to me as very competent.
Almost in the same breath it was said that they needed a little longer for everything.
I probably underestimated the need for longer.

Covid-19 doesn't make the whole thing any easier at the moment........ for all sorts of things you have to make long appointments today where you just went last year and said ...... here I am.

At the moment everything takes a little more time. I certainly don't like that at all.

....... in the end there is only one choice, no matter how difficult it is........... wait and be patient.

........... well, I didn't sell it ........ I hope it didn't fall off and is now broken ( LOL )..........

cucvrus

Hello to all the supporters of this build and thank you for the inspiring support that you all gave me during the long exhausting build. I am happy the way it ended up in the hands of a very appreciative Steel Soldiers member that will cherish and maintain the vehicle it it's stock unmolested condition. I also want to point out that this same M1009 CUCVRUS BIAB1 is up in the running as Steel soldiers MV of the month for April 2021. I am asking for your support for the new owner Germanm1008 and all my other supporters to cast a vote please for this fine surviving MV. With out the support of the SS site I would have been unable to complete it. I know at times I am slow and have been cranky. We all have good days and bad. We are currently in need of your vote before tonight at 715. It is the only CUCV in the current candidates line up. Please cast your vote and let others know CUCV's Matter. Thank you and Be Safe.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to all the supporters of this build and thank you for the inspiring support that you all gave me during the long exhausting build. I am happy the way it ended up in the hands of a very appreciative Steel Soldiers member that will cherish and maintain the vehicle it it's stock unmolested condition. I also want to point out that this same M1009 CUCVRUS BIAB1 is up in the running as Steel soldiers MV of the month for April 2021. I am asking for your support for the new owner Germanm1008 and all my other supporters to cast a vote please for this fine surviving MV. With out the support of the SS site I would have been unable to complete it. I know at times I am slow and have been cranky. We all have good days and bad. We are currently in need of your vote before tonight at 715. It is the only CUCV in the current candidates line up. Please cast your vote and let others know CUCV's Matter. Thank you and Be Safe.
Already given but this will keep it at the top of the list

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks