• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1986 M1028, 454 Gasser......?

rickf

A tunnel ram would be 2-4's.

Is this a mud truck, or something else?

A Tunnel ram can be one four, two fours, three twos. Any combination on a tunnel ram manifold. This is actually not a tunnel ram per say, It is a single plane high rise but it is the same basic idea. The Dart engineer is being VERY optimistic! A lot depends on the cam. You are going to need a bare minimum of 290 at .50 just to move enough air in that thing and I am betting you are closer to 312. It may start to pull at 3000 but it will not produce any real power until 4000 and up.
Edelbrock #7161 would be a good choice. That would give you bottom end starting at 1500 depending on the cam and what carb you are using. For street/mud you don't want to go above 750 cfm.

Rick

rickf

My bad, Is it the 366 or 427? I used to get the spacers for 427 TD from Offy. I don't know if they are still in business but I might have my old Machinist books that give part numbers for the spacers. I will look around but I am n the middle of a renovation so stuff is boxed and scattered.

Rick

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A Tunnel ram can be one four, two fours, three twos. Any combination on a tunnel ram manifold. This is actually not a tunnel ram per say, It is a single plane high rise but it is the same basic idea. The Dart engineer is being VERY optimistic! A lot depends on the cam. You are going to need a bare minimum of 290 at .50 just to move enough air in that thing and I am betting you are closer to 312. It may start to pull at 3000 but it will not produce any real power until 4000 and up.
Edelbrock #7161 would be a good choice. That would give you bottom end starting at 1500 depending on the cam and what carb you are using. For street/mud you don't want to go above 750 cfm.

Rick
You are correct. I have seen diferent top adapters for many combinations, but REAL tunnel rams run 2-4's. :twisted:

ODdave

Yea, there are adapters still around, More than one place makes them.

As far as that intake, You will be dissapointed, and the carb. well thats really gonna be a bad thing with that intake. You would be much better off with a closed plenum dual plane intake. The one you have will greatly reduce air speed on that setup causing poor fuel atomization. Like 6.2 power with BBC fuel economy.

Last edited:

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob,
Nope, Before I bought it I wanted a general consensus of the pros and cons. The weight of the Conn's was overwhelming and I can build my own if I want a flatbed that bad. I believe it went for $4,350.00 I was beat out in the last 5 seconds. Say sara, sara.

I look at it this way it was a nice truck with gremlins. There is always another one around the corner. Happy Holidays Bob.