• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1991 M998 Upgrade Build

cruzinz28

Parade Time Again

My Local Fire Department is located a mile from my house and again this year I put my HMMWV in the carnival parade. My kids love it, and its a big hit with all the spectators. I'm still the only one in my area that really has one. Most everyone else still enters their M35A2's if they show up.

IMG_3415 - .jpgIMG_3421.jpgIMG_3425.jpgIMG_3427.jpgIMG_3414.jpg

My girls love to wear their "America" dresses as they call them all summer long and they fit in perfect with my HMMWV. As you can see, my little one decided to turn the B-Pillar into a jungle gym and swing from it while we were waiting to start. Who says it can't survive high impact stress... just kidding.

cruzinz28

My truck is slowly gathering parts to become a GMV Variant.

I bought a pair of Fender Top Plates from 86Humv recently and decided to find a way to utilize other surplus with his Fender Top Plates. As you can see from the pictures below I utilized M151 Bottom Rear Seat Cushions with his Fender Top Plates to add a seat cushion on each side of the bed. These should work perfect for parades and trick-or-treating.

IMG_4347.jpgIMG_4348.jpgIMG_4350.jpgIMG_4351.jpgIMG_4352.jpgIMG_4353.jpgIMG_4354.jpgIMG_4349.jpg

The plate sticks out just past the cushion on the end and fits darn near perfect horizontally. I will cut holes in the canvas and insert metal grommets where the canvas covers the mounting points. This will also hold the seat cushion in place. Big shout out to 86 Humv! Great quality product!

Last edited:

cruzinz28

Parts accumulating!

IMG_4362.jpgIMG_4364.jpgIMG_4232.jpgIMG_4324.jpgIMG_3998.jpg

C-Pillar
Rear Side Rails
D-Pillars
Weapons Mounts (A-Pillar, B-Pillar, Rear Bed)
24 Bolt Rims
Tires (There is a 5th for a spare.

cruzinz28

After driving for 14-hours for what should have been an 8-hour trip through the northeaster on Friday... a roof is now in my possession. and yes, the yellow strap made its last voyage on this trip... not sure how it held up for the journey home. LoL!

IMG_4529.jpg

cruzinz28

I've already gathered the hard to find parts and I'm left with the nuts, bolts, and small miscellaneous stuff; which in comparison to expenditure for the big and hard to find parts... my wallet will drain a little slower now. LoL!

cruzinz28

Some more collected for my current radio setup and my future upgrade.

KY-57's for my current setup
05.jpg

Radio Upgrade for when I start converting to the GMV Truck
04.jpg

AN/VAS Driver Vision Enhancer (Not sure if I'll incorporate it... but you never know)
03.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks