• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1996 FORD FT-900 6x6 communist crusher

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trey, Yes you will need a class B. Having driven many miles in a similar truck with the fire dept, i can tell you the AC is marginal here in houston. Ripping out the insulation will be iffy. The truck i was assigned to you could disengage power to the front axle but not the rears. With the detroit lockers the truck had the tendency to plow straight in a turn. If you let off the throttle and coasted in a curve it wasent nearly as bad.

treysoucie

Trey, Yes you will need a class B. Having driven many miles in a similar truck with the fire dept, i can tell you the AC is marginal here in houston. Ripping out the insulation will be iffy. The truck i was assigned to you could disengage power to the front axle but not the rears. With the detroit lockers the truck had the tendency to plow straight in a turn. If you let off the throttle and coasted in a curve it wasent nearly as bad.

Thanks for the info. Do you recall if the AC was r12 or 134a? Do you know if it had mechanical injection or was it computer controlled? If ripping out the flooring for rhino lining will hinder my Houston cooling I will just keep the plastic floor and deal with it.

Ive been thinking about getting a skid steer for our land in OK. If I went this route, any trailer I get that weighs more than 10k (including its max load potential) I will need a class A right? Specs and info on this truck is hard to come by. This will not be a daily driver... It will be used occasionally for hard work offroad, and hauling heavy stuff into the Ozarks of OK. Driving it sounds interesting. Maybe I can find an air locker for it, lol...

treysoucie

when you say that your are replacing your deuce does that mean your gettin rid of it?
I didnt mean for that to sound like I was selling it. I have way too much money and hours invested into reconditioning it. Rebuilt axles, new electrical system, new batteries, new seat, new seals on all the running gear, new starter, new main seal, new paint, custom bed, gauges, turned up pump, custom air system for air tools, train horns etc... I dont think I will ever sell it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks