• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1999 CUCV II Tahoe

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Got some more work done on the CUCV. I put on some snow tires to replace the bald ones, and removed the broken speaker under the front bumper. I also put on a reciever hitch, which took a little bit or work due to the rear shackle mounts.
IMG_0280.jpgIMG_0289.jpgIMG_0287.jpgIMG_0278.jpgIMG_0282.jpg

Here's my m416a1 that I am gonna paint 383 green to match it.
IMG_0283.jpgIMG_0284.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Evil Dr...I am drooling...you have a great truck!!!
Keep the updates coming, gives us hope for restoration ideas
Thanks, it will take a while for some updates with real progress; I hope to have it painted sometime before July.

Yesterday I painted the new hood with some Gillespie 383, and today I hauled around a little bit of temper tent parts. It gets a trailer moving quite a bit easier than my m1009.

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
So I took the bumper and brush guard off to paint them. Broke both the blackout marker lights in the process (one didn't work anyway). We had to remove the grille to put the bumper back on so we painted that too. Also broke the blackout headlight bolt, and the one on my spare.:| So I need to get a whole new blackout light kit.

The new hood is on now, and I changed out the rear door lock actuator, so now all the locks work (kinda).

Attachments

Lild

Stonepicker, GL didn't get their forklifts near this one. It looks great with only real damage being a dent on the hood. A big thanks to Schmittvt for driving down through a snowstorm and dealing with the idiots at U-Haul.
Today I picked up a hood and console from the junkyard. Cost was $80, and the hood is even the factory color.:mrgreen:
That was a great deal on those parts. & nice job matching the color, wish it was that easy for me on a daily basis.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
That was a great deal on those parts. & nice job matching the color, wish it was that easy for me on a daily basis.
I was very happy with the prices, and with how the project is going so far.

We painted the rear bumper today. The driver's side of it was smashed in at one point, so we used a ratchet strap to the deuce and a hammer to make it look good enough.

Attachments

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Sprayed the tahoe with 383 green today, I'm happy with how it turned out. I just have to put a few things back on it and it should be ready for the Sussex show.

Attachments