• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st LA Steel Soldiers Rally Photos

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
need to thank tim and the guys for helping on the pu trouble, fuel trouble, bed off, tank down, and on top of that starter, a wrecker sure helps pulling a bed, other then my troubles, the meet was GREAT, overybody was great, nice trucks

case-basketcase

More pics.... our hero Tim is the guy on the tractor

Attachments

littlebob

I want to thank Tim, Pam and their daughter Jessica for their hospitality. My wife and I both had a great time at the 1st SS Louisiana Rally. We got to meet a lot of other Green Iron addicts and had a blast. We got to see a lot of great MVs as well as the blow up tent! Good eating and lots of stories to tell. We even got a chance to swap some parts.

I got a chance to show off my truck! She made me proud! WM brought down my rims so I can super single her soon. I am already planning to come to the next LA Rally! Can hardly wait!

To all you guys that I met today: I'm glad I was finally able to meet you all. It was great to see the faces that went along with the names on SS. i had a blast. Hope we meet again soon! :-D

GE
Of all the stuff there, I think your 820 was the most impressive to me. You also remind me of my dad. He always had the same enthusiasm for his hobbies and spent a lot of time showing anyone that would listen about the details of thier
collection. Please put me in your Will for the van and don't kick the bucket till you get it singled out!

waayfast

Wow we like the inflato-tent!! What is the proper name for those so we can keep an eye out for one on GL???How big is it--big enough for a M35??

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, Troy and I made it home around 18:30hrs after buying two more trailer tires!! That was 4 out of four!!!! Oh well.
I had a wonderful time and met some of the best folks I've ever met.
I thank Tim, Pam and Jesica for pulling it all together..and that was no easy task.

Yep...God willing I'll be in LA again next year and maybe get to bring more toys.
Looks like most of the pics I took were sorta like one already posted. Just want to add a few more:

1 - King and Queen of the Rally...Tim and Pam
2 - View of the site area before it was invaded Saturday
3 - Tims bayonet collection
4 - Security of the assembly was tight at all tims
5 - Big Boy arrives...GE's M820
a few more will follow:

Attachments

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got to the computer to post more photos, and found others ahead of me:oops: Like Papabear, I'll try not to post repeats. I want to add my many thanks to Tim and Pam, and to say I had a great time and met many new friends. Doug.

Attachments

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
im glad that pappa and troy made it out in one peice. many thanks for those kind words pb. i just came inside with ron ..its a no show on his truck tonight. tomorrow another trip to napa and then he should be set. once i get to down load my pics ill post some different ones for sure. almost everyone has made it home WM , the texas gang, lay gang. frodo is still in route i think . the local vfw group really enjoyed the trucks and offered to host next years event.. the hall with showeres , a really big feild for camping and we can all sleep inside. we will do some planning soon,, next year we are promised a newly restored duck with my 818 and 740 expando for a nice staging area. :-D i am very proud to say i had a wonderfull weekend. worth all the hard work...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I want to add my thanks to Tim and Pam for hosting a great rally[thumbzup].

The site was perfect...they have a beautiful place with plenty of room for all the green iron.
It was near the interstate and easy to get in and out of.:arrow:

The weather was a tad warm (but par for the course for south LA) but the rain stayed away and there was an occasional breeze.

When the wind died Tim had fans staged all over to keep folks cool.:cool:

I delayed my arrival so Bama Lady could accompany me. This was her first MV rally and she loved every minute of it. The down side was she met Pam and they are now conspiring against us menfolk.:evil:

The food was fantastic......Cajun folks know how to put on a spread......kudos to Frodo for the red beans and rice....MMMMM, MMMMM, MMMMMMM.:drool:
I ate so much I had to ask Miss Pam if I could sleep off my gluttony in her nice, cool spare room. Someone started an evil rumor that my snoring could be heard out in the kitchen.
I deny everything and demand proof.:mrgreen:

We had brought a huge supply of BL cookies but I think Papa Bear intercepted them and took a few more than his fair share......he has been known to hoard cookies.:stir pot:

There was a great collection of green iron for the faithful and visitors to check out.

I have to agree that Golden Eagles van stole the show........I would not be ashamed to be caught speeding in that rig. Once it is singled out it will be a real show stopper.:driver:

Me and BL left Sat night so we could make the flea market....we managed to make it to just below Hattiesberg before I ran out of steam.......we found refuge at the Empty Arms motel and honeymooned.

We overslept so the flea market got cancelled..........we also had some fuel filter issues with the Dodge but manged to limp on in.

I'll defiantly be at the next LA rally if I am among the living.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I want the entire SS world to know!!!

I only had my fair share of the cookies!! That little kid didn't need her cookie...it will make her teeth bad! Besides..I traded her a shinny new penny...everyone was happy!
So Mr. throw stones while living in a glass house (wreckerman), I have made a covenant with BL she will keep me supplied.

Also...when you left the rally...you specifically stated that you were going so you could buy the goats BL wanted with the massive wad of money you made from the unsuspecting rally fellers. Does BL have her promised goats?
Now you say you went to a closed flea market?

I take issue with you Sir Wreckerman!! How can you be your normal self after spending the day with the outstanding folks from GA, LA, TX and other places?

I have thrown the gauntlet Sir!! I demand satisfaction!

Besides...I don't think it was the snoring all the folks heard after you consumed massive quantities of Frodo"s most excellent rice and beans!....Just a hunch!!!

Attachments

frodobaggins

I made it home about 20:05. Here are some pics.
I'm too tired to care about repeats, so if anyone ever wants beans again,
or maybe some squirrel gumbo, keep your trap closed :)

Attachments

frodobaggins

And thanks TimnFamilynTrucksnHospitality.
It was great to meet everyone, and I'll be there at the next one.
Hell, I may even bring cash next time.

Now I just gotta see how long everyone waits before they want there money for their stuff...
I'll call it a "social experiment". Maybe write a book ?

Kevin

goldneagle

And thanks TimnFamilynTrucksnHospitality.
It was great to meet everyone, and I'll be there at the next one.
Hell, I may even bring cash next time.

Now I just gotta see how long everyone waits before they want there money for their stuff...
I'll call it a "social experiment". Maybe write a book ?

Kevin
BTW FRODO, when are you gonna have money to pay for the stuff you got?

SEE now you don't have to wait anymore for someone to ask!:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks