• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st official Michigan MVPA meeting Dec 11th

citizensoldier

NOW HEAR THIS, NOW HEAR THIS! The first official meeting of the MIMVPA is scheduled to be held on Saturday, the 11th of December, 2010 at Coyles Restaurant in Houghton Lake at 6pm. Some of us are going around 4pm for dinner before the meeting. All are invited! PM me if you have questions

You can also join us on Facebook under Michigan Military Vehicle Preservation Association.
Thank you
Lane Young

Last edited:

ODdave

I would like to go but i have prior engagements in Grand Rapids that day, I do have a few ?'s though. I talked to andrew about the group start-up and the show/swap i want to have this spring. What are your guidelines for the group? How dose it differ from the original mvpa? It seems as if the northern MI members get more engaged in the meetings and events, are you guys going to try to reach out to the southeners? Is there a list of all the MI members somewhere?

Thanks,
Dave.

citizensoldier

OdDave shoot me a email at 1cu812@charter.net and I can answer your questions in detail. This is not a "Northern Group" it is a statewide affiliate with the National MVPA. For now we have adopted their mission statement and will support them in any way we can. We already have a few "Southern guys" and will need more. To be honest your just the type we need."A go getter!" We receive certain benefits through National that will and could help with the type of event your talking about. Like I said contact me so I have your regular email and I can further fill you in about the MIMVPA.
Lane Young

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be there for dinner. Don't forget the exhaust kit, and a bib for Angel.

citizensoldier

I want to add that if you can not make the meeting and have something you wanted to discuss or you want to join up please email me and I will try to squeeze it on the agenda or send you a membership form.
I also look forward to seeing everyone and preparing for a wonderful year of MV events and projects.

Lane Young "Director" "President" Grand Poo Bah"

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey go easy on the scary pictures!

Gonna try to be there for the early dinner, have some work to do on a house in the morning, if all goes well with that project I'll be there sans MV tho :-(

odjeeper

I will try to be there, but will not be able to get out of work early enough to make dinner for sure. Just one question, how is this going to be different than the existing Great Lakes MVPA chapter?

citizensoldier

Come to the meeting and find out. But the founding boards mindset of the MIMVPA is as John Kennedy states, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what YOU can do for your country. Replace country with Michigan MVPA and that is how we differ.
As the year unfolds the differences shall show themselves.
Thank You
Lane Young

Armada

Hey guys, I won't be able to come up to the dinner this weekend but I'll be there in spirit. It's been too long away from mv's and mv friends! Looking forward to upcoming events of the new MIMVPA.

TedG

HI Lane,

Unfortunately, I cannot make it. Is the first item on the agenda signs! lol

Looking forward to the first year of the MIMVPA!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks