• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Dudes!

This is in Tennesse, and I am tapped out, but somebody needs to save this truck. This may have been used as a fire truck - but that is NOT what it was built for. It was built as a super-rare decontamination truck (also used to spray agent orange in Vietnam).

I'll post up some pix.

Hope somebody saves and preserves this - were I not totally tapped out, I'd be bidding on this myself.

DD

Attachments

CliffW

Re: RE: 2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

DDoyle said:
Dudes!

This is in Tennesse, and I am tapped out, but somebody needs to save this truck. This may have been used as a fire truck - but that is NOT what it was built for. It was built as a super-rare decontamination truck (also used to spray agent orange in Vietnam).

I'll post up some pix.

Hope somebody saves and preserves this - were I not totally tapped out, I'd be bidding on this myself.

DD
cool pic's hope one of the ss members get too.

Kwai

RE: Re: RE: 2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

Didn't get it. Got outbid with less than 15 seconds to go. Not even sure what the final price was although it was over $3150.

The truck had a locked up transmission/clutch and the decon bed was a transplant from the original truck. It wasn't an original M-9 truck. Hope whoever got it makes use of it.

DanMartin

RE: Re: RE: 2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

Maybe someone could contact the new owner and let them in on the history...it might help to save it from being cut up or torn down...

Any way to get with the auction company and see if they can get the new owner to contact someone here? I think it's worth a shot...the worst they can say is "no".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks