• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

acetomatoco

RE: Re: RE: 2 1/2 ton fire truck auction

The Body is apparently the Davey Air Compressor Company unit, but built by John Bean... the Chassis as mentioned above is a M35 A2 Non turbo, by the pic. The originals were built on the Gasser Chassis as shown in the Black and Whites. The folks at the listed Fire Company with contact numbers should be able to give you info on the buyer. Hopefully some of you close by can get more poop on it and rescue the body... there are a bunch of gasser chassis in collector hands...maybe Jatonka?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor

I am trying to reach the new owners as this is being typed.....

John Bean is a manufacturer of large, expensive, high pressure pumps, and some spray equipment. Having spent several years in that industry - and with my dad still in that industry - I'm reasonably well connected on getting pump parts ---and they are still incredibly expensive (think Cummins parts).

Regards,
David Doyle

acetomatoco

I remember the John Bean units with the CJ5 (M38A1) engines showing up at farm auctions a few years back...