• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.5 Locking hubs group buy

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm working on a group buy for everyone here as well as facebook. I know locking hubs are a welcome addition to our trucks. I've been in contact with a vendor for the AVM hubs. I am good to buy two sets on my own. But since that alone is almost half way needed to get a group buy going, I wanted to see if I could get any more commitments out of people here.

As it breaks down currently:

5+ sets:
$XXX a set

10+ sets:
$XXX a set

It might be possible that the price further decreases in increments of 5 sets. (But there will of course be a point where it no longer decreases) Shipping will cost $XX per set.

I believe as it stands now I have 3 definiteness on a group buy. With another 2 sets as a maybe. (Certainly if we hit 10+)

So I'd like to know of anyone is absolutely interested in a group buy. Please only say yes/number of sets you commit to.

On a personal note, you all know me. But when it comes to business transactions I'll let you see my feedback since 1999 on ebay:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=patracy&ftab=AllFeedback

Edit:

Currently at 27 sets @ $XXX a set.

Current list:
patracy (2 sets)
scar59
FloridaAKM
DUG
Chase (facebook M35A2 group 2 sets)
Freddy (Facebook)
Thomas (Facebook)
Wolf Dog
Valance
phil2968
quarkz
Hainebd (2 sets)
jsrule62
Katahdin
drivebymashing
Sephirothq

hannibal's barca
OHHHDEN
schnackj
outcast
kearns
QUADJEEPER
Smokinyoda
Prospector GM (2 sets)
hkyplr18
munnyhendershot

Payment:

Ok folks, let's start getting this underway. I plan on placing the order Friday after next on the 8th. Please start sending in payments to this address:

Steel Soldiers Hub Group buy

You'll see that's the same address that payments are sent to upgrade memberships here on the site. (I just take the checks, update the membership, then pass them along to Chris) I'd like to handle the process the same way here. The easiest way to go about all this would be to send a USPS money order to my address, but have it payable to C&C. I will pass it along to them in a single bundle. Please include your shipping address as well. For the pay to address, please place C&C's actual mailing address on the money order within the envelope. I'm not listing it in this thread to prevent confusion. If you need their address for the MO, please take a look at their website.

www.ccsurplus.com

I've created the following spreadsheet to track everything.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kHDNM1hRcldjHUo7KRgTI25Ck1Tam2v9dZMIzkHw7g/edit#gid=0

Paid:
patracy
scar59
quarkz
jsrule62
QUADJEEPER
WOLF DOG
Prospector GM
Outcast
FloridaAKM
Valance
DUG
Katahdin
Smokinyoda

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much is the normal price for one set?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't need to see no stinking feedback....I want to see lockouts......not a bad price , count me in for a set.

FloridaAKM

Okay, since you twisted my arm & I want a quality set of lock out hubs (along with a few friends); count me in on the buy for a set! Friends must chime in for themselves.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure there are a couple other "exclusive" US distributors.

ccequipment

Guys keep in mind this is a group deal, and this is a one time pricing for SS members only. Don't expect to 6 months later down the road to read this thread and expect to call me up to buy a one set at these group prices. If another group of people want to get together later and buy that's fine.
These hubs take allot of investment on my part and I am just trying to help out.
I am the US distributor for all of AVM hubs and we have plenty on the shelf and several hundred more sets coming in this month.

Hainebd

I take two sets. Give me your PayPal address so I can send you $$.

brian

peashooter, you will have to wait for my adapter order balance of 7.

why is this hobby so expensive. It is worse than a girlfriend.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm just gathering "ins" right now. I'll put you down for 2. I plan on running this until the first of may for buy ins. The collection part will happen end of this month/first of next.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, if each of you would like to share - are those of you that are ordering more than 1 set doing so for multiple deuces or are you also locking out the forward tandem axle?

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm doing it for multiple deuces. If a few people wanted to split a set, that could happen as well for forward tandem axles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks