• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 Bridge or not 2 bridge (behind cab with lifting sling eyes)

coachgeo

remounting several things PO removed (and then got stolen by scrappers.... grrr) like air cleaner, spare tire carrier etc. One thing I've not been able to replace yet is the large heavy duty piece that the lift eyes extended from. This also has brackets etc. that hold spare tire carrier, Air Cleaner etc.

Before I try to get one of these large massive things removed and shipped to me...... do I really need it? Does it act as a cross member for the chassis? If not we can just make new support only strong enough for tire carrier etc. Cuts a lot of weight that way. If so we will reuse parts of the the heavy ROP rack the PO had put in its place.

whats your thoughts on this?

image2.jpgimage1.jpg
Thanks Suprman/Will for these pics.

for my reference... can anyone hint at about where the cab air springs and their cab lock hoop would sit in these pictures?

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would have to go look, but I don't think there is anything structural mounted to it. There are a lot of non-structural things (e.g. air cleaner, hydraulic reservoir, trasmission controller, hydraulic control box, spare tire lift, etc.) though, I think.

Duckworthe

I'm a firm believer that the only real reason it is there and so dang heavy is because the truck is lifted in the front by this point. I have found no reason as to why it cant be removed as others have done. You will just have to find other places to mount the MANY items that are bolted to it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks