• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 ill mep-002a need help

Isaac-1

You say you swapped timing buttons from the old pump, does the new one have the same port closing dimensions, and are you sure your original pump had the correct button installed?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
You say you swapped timing buttons from the old pump, does the new one have the same port closing dimensions, and are you sure your original pump had the correct button installed?
i posted the instructions, but this now sounds like a dirty fuel system problem, or an air leak. just keep it simple, this is a very simple system, so the problem will also be simple.

Last edited:

R Racing

New fuel filters . And ran about 2 gallons thru the line to the pump before hooking everything up. The stream coming to the injector pump shoots a good 3 ft. The auxiliary pump doesn't work. I found a broken wire to it. Need to fix that next. But the other 2 pumps run and seem to move fuel. I did notice that when I opened the pet cocks fuel would hardly come out. But if I turned the pumps on it would spray. I thought there may have beenoticed a blockage and took the last fuel bowl back off. It was full of fuel. And everthing looked spotless inside. Then I tried bleeding it yet again but doesn't seem like I'm getting fuel past the injector pump.

R Racing

The new pump didn't have a timing button lol I had installed it on Saturday and no fuel. So Gimpy reminder me to swap them. When I took the plunger out on the new pump it was missing it. So I put the 1 from the old pump on it.

R Racing

I also noticed the injector pump has a small drip type leak . But I haven't been able to pin point it other than it doesn't seem to be coming from the lines or the center cap. But the bottom left of the pump drips slowly? ?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I sent him a pump that matched the port dimension of the original one, so he could swap the button. No need for a different button(unless it was wrong to begin with).

R Racing

Update time, I found that the little key on the end of the throttle cam was laying loose in the pump. So the throttle was not controlling the fuel flow, and would explain why I wasn't getting fuel. That's the good news. While trying to rotate the engine to set timing I noticed ( injector pump was still off) thru the hole where the injector pump belongs, That I could move the crank about .03 before the connecting rod would move . So my 11 hr engine has a bad rod bearing :-( . LetterKenny rebuilt it according to the Tag 7 Hrs ago . So for now I'm going to do a engine swap and rebuild the old 1 when I have time . I found someone local with a crate engines . But If I can find a decent deal I'll travel farther to get 1. I'm just having all the luck with this 1 LOL

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i would much rather have an engine with 5000 hrs on it instead of a mil rebuild with just a few. i have seen so much stuff where they did not know or did not care.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks