• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20,000lb wrecker winch shear pins

LV2XLR8

Hi and thanks for reading/ helping.

I have just purchased an m35a2 with a 20,000 lb winch from a wrecker on it. Before I use the winch I'd like to locate spare shear pins for it but I'm not having any luck locating any.

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase some?

Thanks for any help you can give.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Are you saying , you have a 5t front winch on the front of a deuce, if it is it pto driven, is the drive shaft to drive the winch on the left (drivers side)or right

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It tough here for any experts to make a call on a custom install we can't see. Take any advise with a grain of salt since what you have isn't standard, no way of telling what was put together.

LV2XLR8

Are you saying , you have a 5t front winch on the front of a deuce, if it is it pto driven, is the drive shaft to drive the winch on the left (drivers side)or right

I just purchased the truck yesterday and it's not here so I can't say for certain. It's not a standard 10,000 lb winch as on most m35a2's. I'm told it's the one from a wrecker and my research seems to agree based on what it looks like. It is pto driven but until I get back to the truck I can not check the drive shaft location. I'm posting a pic as I write this, hopefully it'll be up momentarily.

Thanks again for all your help. Being new to this I appreciate it all.
Steel Soldiers and it's members are fantastic!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread should be in the correct forum. Which truck do you have?

2.5 ton trucks do not have 20000lb winches.

I have 5 ton(809 series) front winch shear pins for sale.(if that is what you need).

LV2XLR8

This thread should be in the correct forum. Which truck do you have?

2.5 ton trucks do not have 20000lb winches.

I have 5 ton(809 series) front winch shear pins for sale.(if that is what you need).

My truck is a 2.5 but a 20,000 lb was fitted to it from what I understand. I believe that I do need the pins you're talking about but before I get too far ahead of myself I'll see what you experts say about the pic I just posted regarding it. Thank you.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There are a LOT of threads about using NON correct shear pins. most of the threads have BROKE in the title, also I think you will find the that !/4" mesurement is to small, will allow play which in turn will wollow out the holes

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you can get more and better pictures there are many resources on this site that can assist.
That appears to be a 20k winch, but to make it work on a 2-1/2 will require some........ingenuity.... been done before just not sure about mounting it high like that.

Rope clearance might be an issue, considering that it pays our from the bottom.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your picture shows a 5 ton truck(809 series) front winch with tensioner and level wind.

The pins I have are NOS military surplus. I sell them cheaper than any MV retailer. PM(private message) me for details if interested.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
man that looks like the rear winch off a wrecker.. you need that off that truck before you tear up your front end .. way to much weight on the front.. over loaded tires to say the least.

LV2XLR8

When you can get more and better pictures there are many resources on this site that can assist.
That appears to be a 20k winch, but to make it work on a 2-1/2 will require some........ingenuity.... been done before just not sure about mounting it high like that.

Rope clearance might be an issue, considering that it pays our from the bottom.

It's on and it works without issue. I will put up more pics hopefully within a week.

LV2XLR8

man that looks like the rear winch off a wrecker.. you need that off that truck before you tear up your front end .. way to much weight on the front.. over loaded tires to say the least.

Supposedly the front end was beefed up when the winch was put on and the rear end was bobbed. It was done some years ago and everything's worked fine since with no signs of bad wear anywhere. Thanks for your concerns though :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks