• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20 micron filters

kipman

Did not know where to post this, so here goes. I have several hundred 20 micron poly fluid filters that fit in a 9.75" housing, great for filtering wvo, motor oil, water, what ever needs filtering, 1.00 each, could see how many fit in a flat rate postal box.

kipman

one inch ID, 2.5 OD will post pics later.Filter housing, I did a yahoo shearch for 9.75 water filter, came up with several hits for the housings.

kipman

RE: filter picture

Not sure what you mean, like the filter on a deuce? These are labeled as fluid filters buy uncle sam, sent a sample to a filter manufacyure in Coleman TX, they said 20 micron and the use is up to the application.

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I'm thinking that if someone had this filter on the outlet of their bulk tank (of stored, used oil), then they'll get the product filtered down enough for use as a fuel component for the duece multi-fuel?

Just need to design a spigot with the filter stage in there somewhere.

kipman

Hope some of the SS guys will chime in, does the fact that the filters are polypropylene make any difference?

oifvet

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Probably going to need to plumb one up to your holding tank and transfer some of that ATF through it and see how it does.

Or... pump through your filter arrangement, then into holding tank.

20 micron should give good flow, right?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

A little heat and a pump should be fine. This looks like a good way to get close to use-able fuel from wmo.

ygmir

seems most say less than 5 micron for fuel.......preferably 1 micron.
At least, this is the info I've gleaned.........

Henry

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Those look like the ones used to filter fresh water for household consumption. They should work for anything, but might clog up right quick.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

Got my rig setup Kip! They work great. I have to find where I put my 5 micron/water filters now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks