• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2000 CUCV-II Crew Cab,(The Twin) Florida repair.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unplug the black 1" square relay mounted next to the Big relay on the firewall and see if the drain goes away. Headlights will be disabled.

As soon as I get the diagrams finished ill send you a copy. Also doing a write up on how to disable the B/O switch for everyday driving.

Stonepicker1

Had Check Engine light come on the other day. Put code reader on and shows code P0236 Boost/Map sensor.

I was pushing a lot of black smoke out the exhaust pipe.

Went to the parts store today to get a new MAP sensor and the part guy said they don't make one for my truck. So I said maybe they call it another name, how about Boost sensor, nope that didn't show up either.

I went on my phone and pulled a picture off the web. Still he could find it. He even called the GM dealer and gave him my VIN. Dealer said no MAP sensor.

i then looked at the parts guy computer and went through pictures of all the sensors he had for a 6.5L. Bingo... I found it. Had a weird name. But on the box it showed MAP Sensor.
Hope this works.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Had Check Engine light come on the other day. Put code reader on and shows code P0236 Boost/Map sensor.

I was pushing a lot of black smoke out the exhaust pipe.

Went to the parts store today to get a new MAP sensor and the part guy said they don't make one for my truck. So I said maybe they call it another name, how about Boost sensor, nope that didn't show up either.

I went on my phone and pulled a picture off the web. Still he could find it. He even called the GM dealer and gave him my VIN. Dealer said no MAP sensor.

i then looked at the parts guy computer and went through pictures of all the sensors he had for a 6.5L. Bingo... I found it. Had a weird name. But on the box it showed MAP Sensor.
Hope this works.
Forgot to update this:

The MAP sensor they sold me was the wrong part. Attached is the correct one.

Also It was the Wastegate Solenoid that was bad. I had an extra one from my other CUCV-II. It fixed the problem.

Last week the truck started to shut off a few times a week to the point it would shut off every 15 minutes. It would start right up.
Had to unplug the external PMD at the injector pump and plug in the old PMD mounted on the pump. All is working now.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nico, the guy that bought my CUCV-II had a no start issue. Ends up it was a bad 6' extension cable on the PMD relocation.

Stonepicker1

Replaced the crankshaft pulley that was ready to fall apart. Had to replace the passenger side alternator do to a bad bearing.

Today I replaced the rear brakes and wheel cylinders. One wheel cylinder was leaking.

I'll be replacing the front brake pads in the morning.

Good news is I fixed the small oil leak coming from the front of the engine. Looks like the water pump was replaced and some of the bolts were loose.

I also removed two bolts on the water pump, applied pipe sealant to the threads and reinstalled the bolts. Now no leaks.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Phil i did the pulley AND the harmonic balancer. If one is bad the other isn't far behind. I got mine from oreily, dayco, most on dieselplace have had good luck with them. Made in Australia

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Stonepicker1; Having a starting issue again with this truck. Going to clean the battery terminal's to see if this is the problem.[/QUOTE said:
Charged and load tested the batteries...Passenger side(12 volt side) battery tested in the weak/recharge area on the load tester. Replaced the battery and all is good now. Battery was 4 years old so I guest it was time for a new one.

Stonepicker1

Junk...Junk...Junk.

Had to replace the crankshaft pulley again. Only 6 months on the one from P..boys.
Napa was the only one in town that had one on the shelf. Still made in China.:sad:
Had to replace the pulley for the third time. Got this one from Bennett Auto $74.00. They had it on the shelf and I needed it now.

I have an AC Delco 12557345 coming Tuesday as a spare at half the price $30.00.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Pictures.
South Florida heat took a toll on me today. Had to put up a shade tent to block the sun.
I got the pump out....took just over 3 hour to do. Now the hard part of putting the new one back in.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

Well I couldn't wait...Hooked up the injector line to the pump and then it happened.........broke the Oil Pressure Sensor.

Have to stop now....part store in the morning.

All that's left to do is install the intake/prime and hope it works.