• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

pinzpirate

You can go west to east through Richloam, take either South or Center Grade. South Grade kinda merges with Center, and you can follow Bay Lake Rd. out.
I would have to check a more detailed map, but it looks like 565 will connect to Lake Erie Rd. Go east to 33.

On another note, Russel is bringing a launcher for clay pigeons. Shotgun shooters, bring clays and ammo if you want to join us!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, if you want to see who's coming thus far, go the the original post in this thread. Mike is updating it as we go. I'll be headed up Saturday AM to put up the GP Medium tents (yes, 2 of them).

devilman96

Well... Thus far Myself and a former co-worker, Kenny, Wayne (Pinz25086)... maybe BBF and tjcouch??? my father and anyone else that might pop up will be out Saturday for the "tenting"... We will get some pics of the ordeal and post them up... Like Wayne I will be heading up tonight and camping out all weekend... If anyone else is bored grab your gear and head over for a pre rally to the rally!!

I've been running the numbers on the event with the conformations and pre ticket sales I have thus far and WOW.... it looks like this is going to be a whopper!!! The US vehicles are hard to count but I have over 14 Pinz owners coming and a heap of M35's. We may well break 80-100 people this year with friends and family tagging a long. *gulp*

If you have purchased advanced tickets and are not listed on the first page of the thread please PM me... It is hard to match up SS user names to "real names" when the tickets are bought so please correct me in this as I have a lot of purchased tickets which I cant match to SS names.

and... Where are our GA members??? I mean... us Florida guys can drive up for YOUR events... what is the deal here hu????

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW in case I'm gone, the pickup is ready. The wife is leaving at 5 PM so I know I'll be home by then for sure.

rjwj

Managed to show up fashionably late today for the tent raising so i missed most of the fun, but here are a few pictures of the tents for those with inquiring minds.

Everyone commented that devil's tent was the most difficult to raise,

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
and... Where are our GA members??? I mean... us Florida guys can drive up for YOUR events... what is the deal here hu????
I am coming for sure, I do not know what I am bringing. I don't care about the distance, 400 miles in a Deuce is nothing to me. But the tranny is making racket in neutral with the clutch out so I need to pull it out and find out what is going on. :driver:

I don't think the M38A1 will be ready...... :(

And I have another MV that isn't here yet but I don't know if I will have it by the time of the Fl Rally. 8)

May be bringing clinto g/f, do not know yet.

Don't know what days I will be there..........hard to take vacation that time of year.....I may only be there a day or so.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Both tents got raised today in fine fashion. I had no idea how easy it is with 4 people, only ever done it with 2. Thiings are coming together for sure. Have a look!

Attachments

devilman96

then get your gimpy arse in the truck and get to drivin down here!!!!

man I'm sittin in the woods watch a great fire burning away with low 60 temps. . . what a great weekend!!!

snoplay

AKRHINO AND I would love to make it ! But to far for the weekend :driver: Hope everyne has great and safe time!!! Post pics!!
devilman96 60 deg sounds great its -30 here tonite [thumbzup] John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was certainly a beautiful day yesterday. Last year had nighttime tems in the upper 40s, perfect for camping.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking real good, you guys should make it a permanent camp for travelers and have trails open all year for test driving our MVs.....

Is that "J" in one of the images Kenny, say hi, from me?..... Adrian is still in California.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jonathan says " Bjorn and I love cranetrucks. I wish you could come with us everytime. I wish you Happy New Year and Mery Christmas. " His words!