• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

poppop

I don't know about the tie downs. I bought the cover used on e-bay. Those straps are for when the sides are rolled up. There is a loop on the outside that the inside strap hooks on and then you tighten it up. I just assummed all tops had them.

devilman96

Lloyd use the Glider port address below and follow the signs in from there... From Hwy 33 inward I will have 2'X4' directional signs at every turn and curve and large directional arrows painted on the road its self (like you see on a foot ball field)...

We managed last year with no one lost and Im spending quite a bit more on signage this time around so it will be even better...

4024 Soaring Lane
Clermont, FL 34714

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Chili

dc3coyote said:
I will be bringing my huskies, extremley friendly.
Think they are lap dogs
hey DC3 how do your huskies like living in florida? i got 3 huskies but always keep them up north due to didnt think they would like the weather down here near as nice.. gotta love the huskies or malimutes :D

55Cameo

Can't wait!!! It looks like you are going all out with this devilman. It really shows some dedication to Military vehicles and the people that admire them. Hats off to you and everyone that has helped out with this rally.
I almost got the trans out tonight before it got dark. Just have to push it the rest of the way back and pull out the PP and clutch. It'll be ready for the rally. If anyone is comming from the north on Sat. and sees a deuce sitting beside the highway, please stop and assist. :)

dc3coyote

My dogs love Fl, I tried to bathe them last week and they shivered and whined since I used a garden hose with the hot water on also. Talk about off topic
They have never seen snow or temp less than 30f

I am really looking forward to this I will get back in country Tuesday, off Wednesday, get to go play in my green and tan the rest of the week.
Really wish I got that money sent out for that GP Medium, maybe later this year.

devilman96

Guys I have made a lot of revisions to the main post on this thread over the past several weeks, I suggest everyone go back and re read everything to be updated on the information.

dc3coyote

Yeah rain, and wet, and mud, and water. Guess I get to get my Pinz stuck, maybe there will be time to intsall a snorkel. When I get back in country.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm hitting the road at 7am here(10 degrees and snowing). Headed south,will be there Thursday midday. Mangus, my wife will call you, I plan to pick up a rental car at Orlando airport at noon Thursday. If we keep in touch I can give you a ride to the rally. I'll have my cell. If anyone here wants to call me, Pm my wife Dhwife or get my # from Mangus. See you all there!

joec

GunTruckBuilder said:
Jus did a little weight checking on my proposed load. The Bigfoot slide in camper comes in at a staggering 4,700 pounds wet! :shock: The trailer large enough to carry both the FC 150 and the Power Wagon weighs 5,200lbs (it's an equipment trailer). The FC 150 is going to tip the scales at close to 3,000 pounds and the Power Wagon will weigh close to 5,000 lbs. That brings a towed weight of 13,200 pounds plus a 4,700 pound slide in camper. Add in some spare parts, tools, clothes, and the like and this will be a serious load for my pick up. It will be interesting to see just how tough that 6.4 diesel is. Seeing as how it's under warranty I plan to "drop the hammer" set the cruise at 80 and see what happens. Looking forward to meeting you fine gentleman.
The 6.4 has enough and then some. Just bring a tanker with you. Friend of mine bought one and is getting 6-9 miles a gallon with 4:56's IN HIS 450. Towing. I have 6.0 in my f350 single tire. I get around 14mpg towing 16,000lbs. And 17 city 24 highway not loaded

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks