• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Haspin Rally Pics!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: More pics from Haspin!

rofl

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can only imagine how it went.........

"Hey, what's up with Clinto always posting a pica t Wendys on his adventures?"

"I don't know, there is definitely something wrong with that guy, but we should take a pic anyways"

Great pics and videos, thanks for sharing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: More pics from Haspin!

Finally got the wires to hook up the camcorder. I will look it over and try to get some vids posted soon. If anyone can put their videos on a dvd and send it, I will make another dvd for everyone.

TheRainbowBoxer

Thanks for hosting an awesome rally... I had a great time! Time and money willing, I'll be there again! Thanks to Stretch for the ride, shelter, and all the work it took to make the trip a reality for Himself, Chris and I.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time. Sorry I had to leave so early Sunday morning, 10-11 hour trip back to Virginia and all. Thanks to those who showed up, and especially the guys right in the area for helping to put together this rally. Next time I plan on driving the deuce - I would have this time, but thought it would be cheaper to tow the jeep out there. In the long run, it wasn't. So, next time the 6x6 will be attending to hit the trails.

Damage report:

1. broke two motor mounts (one is completely shot, held in place by chain, other one isn't too bad but is strained and could use replacement)
2. snapped the front driver's side U-joint inside the hub (confirmed), 4wd is not really possible with it this way
3. lost windshield glass en route to Haspin (faulty job by the glass company, wind pressure just pushed it out)
4. water in the gas tank/fuel pump/carb (gee, not sure how that happened!)

Here's a few pics of the jeep at Haspin, pulled from drmeese's site - my camera wasn't working correctly and all the pics I took were crappy. Ugh!

See everyone next time!

Attachments

mamcgoron

Hey, I'm the dude with the Rubicon y'all rescued. I just wanted to stop by an tell you guys how much you rock. I needed someone with a big rig to pull my jeep out of the mud and a whole army came to the rescue. You guys have some sweet rigs and thanks for all the help. I will post a link to our pics and videos when I get them.

Mitch

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, you found us again! It was Stan's deuce that winched you out, Mitch(aka backdoor boy) rofl Definitely want to see your pics and videos too!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks