• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Haspin Rally Pics!

No.2Diesel

Wow very cool trucks!! I like the picture of Stretch in front of the shelter on the ground. He towers over it!! I'm a big wuss when it comes to mud. I'm impressed at the Deuces mud performance.

Hey maddawg, maybe its the camera but your jeep looks great!! What color is it? Did you tow it with the windshield folded? I wish I was there to watch it blow out. :p

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trust me, it looks better than it is - it's just spray bombed, and it's over the rust bubbles. Just to make me feel better about what I'm driving. Color is Khaki, from True Value spray bomb section. I towed it with the windshield folded, but AFTER I lost the glass and the w/s was in the upright position. The glass just fell out into the front seats, didn't even break. Just one of those things I guess - have to call the windshield company to put it back in. I was driving down the road, about 30 miles into the trip and I look in the rearview and see window weather-stripping blowing in the breeze! WTF! All I could think was someone behind me got a good laugh out of seeing that!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haspin 08, What a great time. :D Thank you to all who attended and helped make it happen. My wife and I had so much fun. The Haspin Acres woods was an excellent place to have a get together! Pete said we were always welcome back. It was a real pleasure to meet so many of you there. Thanks to all! [thumbzup] DH

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I sent about 2hrs pressure washing the M62. I found out at haspin that the front axle is not spinning, so I'll have some checking to do. I'd rather not have all that mud in there while working on it. Had about 60lbs sitting on the ground once I was done!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Overall a good time. Kinda of bummed about losing another jeep engine. Here's a couple of pics, have some video also. The road train performed better than expected, and the deuce ran great all the way home.

Good group of guys, having a good time!

Dennis

Attachments

mamcgoron

doghead said:
Cool, you found us again! It was Stan's deuce that winched you out, Mitch(aka backdoor boy) rofl Definitely want to see your pics and videos too!
They call me "Mitch the B*tch" "Back Door Doy" would be the guy with one of the yoders runnin around with us. I'm still waitin to get pics back from my buddy. I will post them as soon as I can.

I hear you need a special liscense to tow more than one trailer. Is that true? We are thinkin of hookin my jeep up to my buddies ford with a car hauler, and hookin a trailer to my jeep.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have alot of pics I can post, video is on hold, dog ate the wires
Well, it's been a few days. Hasn't your dog passed the wires yet? Rinse them off and get posting!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks