• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Fall Rausch Creek MV Rally!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
WildChild467 - RC is mostly a woodsy trail and rock crawling type place. Not a ton of mud, in fact there is only one or two big mud pits there, and you can easily go around them. Plus, I just looked at the weather report for that area of PA. Looks like the next week is going to be sunny and cooler, so there will be plenty of time for the smaller puddles to dry out.

MAXM37

I am bringing my father along this year. We should arrive late Friday morning and leaving around noon Saturday. Weather looks like it should cooperate. See you guys on Friday!

StoneMill

I'm leaving Saturday early am from near Hershey Pa. Got to work 7p until 7a Saturday but I'm good with staying up for days. Bringing a co pilot and a friend with jeep or s10 pulling his camper. We'll have a comfy place to pass out. My peach brandy is just hitting it's prime. Looking forward to a good time wheeling and partaking in spirits after.

kassim503

Ill be flat towing the m1009 behind le' suburban arriving friday morning (8AM) ish, staying over until saturday noon ish excited to go wheelin! Also two of my buds with civvy trucks probably will show up sometime

Wozdirt

Well I think the truck is almost ready.
Got the Oil and fuel filters changed.
Swapped flywheel/clutch, winch, and pto from parts truck.
New Rear main seal and winch driveshaft.
Took the truck out for a test run last night to check out the clutch and the winch. Everything felt good. Winch works well.
Overall, no major problems with winch conversion. :)
Need to start packing camping gear. I may just pack all the gear in the M105, and drop it in the camping area (parking lot?) while we go wheeling

Co-driver backed out, so I will be solo. planning on leaving the house thursday afternoon - arriving thursday evening if everything goes well.

Ray

Srjeeper

Weather.....

Cold front comin thru later today that could drop temps, so take some warm duds.

They even mentioned 'Flurries' possible in some of the higher elevations, and that's RC :!:

Chieftawny

Had ice on the windows yesterday morning! Many times RC is 10-15 degree's colder than here in my town and they are calling for mid-to-low thirties tomorrow night. Dress warm guys!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan to fart a lot inside my RV (Durango) the nights to keep warm. It's hard to freeze inside an intermediate cold weather sleeping bag when you've had chili for dinner.

MAXM37

Just started packing the M37, have some interesting reading material for you all to enjoy :grin:
:) cold brew and warm clothing. Oh yea, Dad is packing the steaks and other grub.
See ya in the morning, hoping to arrive around 9:30 am

kassim503

at least its getting warmer! 50 high fri, 61 sun! trucks packed almost ready to go.... arriving around 8A, see ya there and may everybody have a safe trip there & back

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I plan on leaving binghamton here at 6:30am and getting down there who knows when... maybe 10:00? not sure if im staying sunday or not. At least i got the heater in the truck and that works great! What kind of things are for sale down there? is there a swap meet or just things everybody brings down? I wouldnt mind getting a winter grill and hood cover for the deuce. I thought a guy on here bought a NOS one for $35.... seems decent price for a deuce accessory. Im not sure if ill have a co-pilot or not, so we'll see. You guys gonna have a home base set up where ya'll meet? I've never been there before so im not sure what to expect. Ill bring lots of warm clothes and a heater for the back of the truck incase....oh yea... and beer! :D

Chieftawny

Seen some of you's early this morning at the parking lot. Nice looking trucks! We all made it home without too much damage in the jeeps. But we have an advantage, we only live 30 minutes away. Talked to Lances son, Chris, about dads truck forsale. Wife said I need to thin out the herd first! Great weather for wheeling this weekend.

LanceRobson

Seen some of you's early this morning at the parking lot. Nice looking trucks! We all made it home without too much damage in the jeeps. But we have an advantage, we only live 30 minutes away. Talked to Lances son, Chris, about dads truck forsale. Wife said I need to thin out the herd first! Great weather for wheeling this weekend.
Thin the herd really good and you can take 4 or 5 trucks off my hands.....

It's good to see folks checking in and home OK. Dave and Rob may be a while before posting. They were on a timeline that would get them back to NYC as the worst of the end of weekend traffic was flowing back into the city.

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks