• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 GA Rally Food Service

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
SCSG-G4 sent me a menu today. Understand that in 3 months, things can change but this should be a pretty accurate list.

Breakfast - Eggs (scrambled and over easy), bacon (maybe ham or sausage too), grits, biscuits, SOS, and if Walter gets froggy, French Toast and pancakes. Estimated cost $3 per person. Served Thursday through Sunday, with Sunday being leftovers also.

Lunch - brown bag, U-fixum, with a pair of cold cuts sandwiches, chips, cookies, fruit (apple or banana) and bottled water. We will send tea and coolaid (but not in Gimpy's truck) to supplement the drinks. A hot lunch of some sort will be made for those staying behind with the gear in camp. Estimated cost $4 per person. Served Thursday through Saturday.

Supper - Wednesday and Thursday nights probably hamburgers or something similar with side dishes and a salad. Friday night will be chili mac (in honor of papabear and the CAMO Crew) with fixings. Saturday night is the biggie (No, we're not going whole hog, that would be too much) with steaks and trimmings (french fries or baked potato, beans, yams, etc.) Estimated costs W & Th $4, F -$5, Sat - $6. Not quite as good as the prime rib we had at the FL rally, but a whole lot better than cold beanie weenies!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Armed Forces Chili Macaroni recipe (Army TM 10-412) Navy NAVSUP Pub 7) (USAF AFM 146-12) (USMC MCO P10110.16C)
(100 servings)
Ingredients:
24 lbs Beef, ground
2.25 teaspoons Garlic, dehydrated
2 lbs Onions, dry, chopped
2 oz Cumin
8 oz Chili Powder
2 oz Paprika, ground
.5 oz Red Pepper, ground
2 oz salt
3 quarts Tomatoes, canned, crushed (1 No 10 can)
3.5 cups tomato Paste (1 No 2.5 can)
8 lb Macaroni
6 gal water w/oil & salt to cook Macaroni.

Directions:
1. Cook macaroni in boling water 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Cook beef in it's own fat until it loses its pink color, stirring to break apart.
3. Add other ingredients to beef, bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
4. Add macaroni to chili mixture, combine thoroughly. Heat to a serving temperature.
Each portion 1.25 cups.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
My old battalion Chaplin posted this picture on another site. To think that I dreaded this in the service and now it is "fun".
That musta been an "admin feed".:cookoo:
Too open, too close together, no weapons, no camo on troops, no security posted, no rain to make the green eggs good...etc..etc...:shock:

AH...the not so good ole days!!!!!!!!! roflaua:beer::not worthy:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got the fiirst of the "A Rations" today. Made a run to the flea market and got 100 pounds of spuds and some onions.

They are stashed in the van trailer (the rear of which is still being loaded with my trade goods) and will be joined by a chit load of stuff from the Ration Breakdown Point (Sam's) on the way to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks