• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin Multimedia Thread

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any thoughts on a ROPS? A little farther and that might have hurt real bad. Ever since I saw the first pic, I was thinking about some sort of ROPS. Nothing fancy for rollovers at highway speed, just something to protect the brain housing group in the event of a slow roll like yours.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have been thinking of some kind of tubular bar in place of the military "headache rack". I have been thinking about using that hoop to attach or incorporate some kind of lift system. Been thinking about it for some time now, might have to move it up on "the list". I have too many kookie ideas I want to make or customize for my ride. The lighting I installed worked better than I had hoped, till I ripped off the rear lights while wheeling. Guess I will have to re-think their mounting system.

Last edited:

gunboy1656

How about a couple sets of outriggers off of a back hoe to turn yourself back over after a roll?

If your going to teach people about the underside of a truck, might want to use a clean truck.

Last edited:

MuddinLove

I have been thinking of some kind of tubular bar in place of the military "headache rack". I have been thinking about using that hoop to attach or incorporate some kind of lift system. Been thinking about it for some time now, might have to move it up on "the list". I have too many kookie ideas I want to make or customize for my ride. The lighting I installed worked better than I had hoped, till I ripped off the rear lights while wheeling. Guess I will have to re-think their mounting system.
A self righting Deuce, Im sooo drueling right now lol. I think an actual roll bar would have to be like 4 inch pipe at 3/8 wall plus wouldnt it??? And as for the lights just put them in closer to the frame rails out of the way of tire articulation, and if you wanna pay for them get small extremely high output HID lights.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The lights were fine, just need them tucked up farther. Might recess them into the bed to keep them from getting knocked off. Will probably start a new thread on it though.

Had another great time! Great people, great fun! Already looking forward to next year!

pic #1 - Sunday before Haspin...new quad - BEFORE the mud!
pic #2 - Loaded and Ready - time to hit the road!
pic #3 - Happy to be headin' to Haspin!
pic #4 - Let's go, Dad!
pic #5 - What's takin so long, Dad???
pic #6 - So, where's the mud?
pic #7 - Can I drive?
pic #8 - Amy's last words? "Just don't get me muddy!"
pic #9 - Ya don't get a backdrop like this every day - thanks, Gimpy!!
pic #10 - Nowhere but Haspin!

Attachments

ida34

"I have been thinking..." Should have thought about it a few weeks ago.roflaua:driver:

The horse is already out of the barn. No sense to close the barn door now.

Last edited:
pic #1 - On the way home - Nick showing off his Gatorade tongue
pic #2 - Made it home safely...time to start cleaning!
pic #3 - Look closely - you can see Amy's (DHWife's) hands firmly grasping the windshield frame.
pic #4 - They fought all day long over who should be riding the 4-wheeler - at least they slept in peace...with Michelle's glow necklaces! (Thanks again, Michelle!)
pic #5 - 2-year-old Mason trying to show that he should get to go next year...cleaning up the truck
pic #6 - Mason cleaning up the 4-wheeler - Dad is definitely impressed by the little guy's willingness to help out!!

Attachments

Sevin7

Since we were following gimp when the incident happened, I am pretty sure we were first on scene. Unfortunately video was not rolling, had he told me he was planning on doing that, of course we would have got it on film. After we made sure everyone was ok, I ran back to my truck and got the camera. One of the first shots I did capture was one of him calling AAA. (First pic post, hope it works!)

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since we were following gimp when the incident happened, I am pretty sure we were first on scene. Unfortunately video was not rolling, had he told me he was planning on doing that, of course we would have got it on film. After we made sure everyone was ok, I ran back to my truck and got the camera. One of the first shots I did capture was one of him calling AAA. (First pic post, hope it works!)

I think he's calling his wife to have her check GL for another deuce.

ida34

Photo caption.

"No really. Those extra lights did not help at all and the winch cable wrapped around the bumper was of no help. I am sitting on top of the truck right now."

Or

"No really. The beer spilled. Bring more beer and see is stretch is around somewhere."

MudWrestler

I had a great time down at our first Haspin trip. Riding the quad, in several trucks, and even driving Chev's back from the photo op was wonderful! I am going to try to load up some pics that my husband Scott (Twidget) didn't get, and he will be my first 'victim' lol.
Here he's drinkin and riding on our first ride.

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
. . . .<snip>

We went to Jeff's (Crusher's) house a couple months back and bought a drivers side step and box off him and the boys have talked about him ever since. They kept up with where Jeff was. We got stuck in the first hole of the day and Jeff pulled us out - now they REALLY think he's cool, he "saved the day" :D

Thanks for the kind words Jason. I know there are a lot of people that have helped me in this wonderful hobby, and it feels good to pass it on. You guys are welcome to stop in anytime if you need anything. (Just make sure to bring old shoes for the boys next time ;-) )

Here's a shot of your crew taking a mule ride:
105_4879.jpg

Last edited:

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, we can't tease Todd Haley anymore. He definitely lost the "trailer queen" label this year. I think we owe a lot to Stan and his M38 at last year's Haspin for Todd's motivation. That is all Todd kept talking about. - "When is Stan coming?" . . . "I hope Stan brings the M38 again" . . . .

My friends that brought the modified civy CJ were amazed at the GPW. They didn't understand how little skinny tires, open differentials, and a little 4-cylinder engine could get that GPW through all of the obstacles it faced. It did well.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PguPAJ-12hA[/media]

105_4881.jpg 105_4880.jpg 105_4911.jpg 105_4885.jpg

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to send out a BIG thanks to DJones and gunit, . . . I think. (I didn't know you guys' names until I was reading through the various "after haspin" posts, and I figured it out. The three of us were on the trail together on Friday night after dark. You guys helped me get out of a big "stuck" - in the dark and in the rain.

Thanks again fellas.
:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks