• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin Multimedia Thread

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny,

The M108 was very useful at the rally. It helped with loading and unloading of materials people brought and the shelters for other people. It even got to spend some play time out on the trails, and I don't mean just to un-flip gimps flipped deuce.

GamaGoatGirl

Thanks to all for a great Haspin adventure it was in no way boreing with the Mowrons , Strecths pavillion shop Gimpy's self side dump GGarbees good food . my new found new and improved Sniper babes . I had a great time Oh and just so ya no Westy had a birthday at Haspin . Andyindy's side kick halfpint had a great time too thanks to all who made him feel welcome he loved it his dad told me and Andy tonight he has not quit talkin bout it yet. Startin on the BIGG camper soon the 105 is too small Neil let me no when i can pick up the jacuzzi at lowes and get started maybe done in time for GA. When is it next weekend i am ready see ya'll next year
It was Ferro's birthday - not Westy's!

westechs_wifey

Well Haspin was once again a GREAT success! Loved putting faces with names and meeting all the new members and seeing all the great friends! @ Gimpy after you called I got a call from Westy saying brakes are burning and are hot as he!!....I think you jinxed us...lol.....but we did make it home safe and the 5ton had to stay the nite at the truck stop til the morning when Westy gets to change the bearings since the left side is ground up...seems to be a theme here .....sprag and now the bearings....@ Doc yes the new and improved sniper babes kick some butt. Thank you also Brett and Buff for the ride into town .....never rode in the turret before....It was fun....right Amy?...lol Also a BIG thank you from Pete and the staff loved having us there and can't wait til next yr....the shelter is ours again if we want it ....I just need to call and tell him the dates we are coming next yr. tons of pictures and video to follow after some much needed sleep

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I got broke in . Haspin, HMMMMMM I think I`ll do it again. Good Lord willing and the creek don`t rise to far. Had a very good time, learned alot , ate well, saw lots of rain, a little mud and a long ride home. Evaryone was great. Some folks I`ve met before and met new folks. Thanks again for having me.
I`ll post pics when I find the camera.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think Gimp should have painted the underside pink! We rolled in around 0230 this morning. We stopped just inside the SC line at the welcome center, took a shower (Angie had one set up in the back) and sat down on the couch- and promptly fell asleep! woke some time later, and hit the road again.

I'm sitting here at work. Still need to wash (and sledgehammer) the 818.
Met lots of old friends and some new ones. I love Haspin! :beer: Next year, I'll offroad the tractor, with a trailer!!!! :cookoo:
After Chris rolled his truck, I walked up to ask if he was alright. First thing he says is, "I had to beat you" lol ( I had gotten the 818 really really stuck the night before, alas, I don't think any cameras were out... whew!)

325 gallons of fuel- $700 (some was free oil and 200gallons of Doc's go juice)
14hrs in the truck up
12hrs in the truck back
2 monsoons
dented bumper, bent fuel tank mount, steps bent
New fuel filter on the way home (thanks Cabell! I had forgotten mine:oops:)

Lots of great wheeling, food and fellowship, PRICELESS.

Somethings in life money can buy, for others, it's HASPIN :-o

Pics to come soon.

Twidget

My wife and I came down for the first time with Chev and Jason. We had a blast camping out and riding with or alongside everyone on the trail rides. Not to mention her mud wrestling contest that I somehow missed! I took pics, and am gonna try sharing them now.
Thanks everyone for making us feel welcomed; we will be back again!

Attachments

CGarbee

I got in at Midnight... It's a LONG drive from my place, but worth every minute of it for the fellowship, and for the time out on the trails.
I'll point out that while I managed to talk Doc into sticking his CUCV a couple of times, while I was behind the wheel of Gimp's truck, it kept it wheels on the ground (Thanks for letting me take it for a spin Gimp!!)
I'll post up my photos and video when I find the adapter for the cell phone that I was using as a camera...I had spotty reception while at Haspin and could not send photos, just texts.

I'm already thinking about menues for next year...

Shameless plug for the VA Rally (Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally, Sept 2-7, 2010) is that we not only have a M816 and a CAT 977K for recovery purposes, but we have a large truck shop for rally attendees to use if needed... :)

Twidget

yep, I took a lot of pics!
The end one I think is awesome, she had so much fun, but was whooped on the way home.
I hope you all liked what I got, and hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If you didn't see your truck, lmk what it is and I'll look thru the rest (there's over 250 pics for the trip total).

Attachments

Cigarjoe

I had a great time at my first rally. It was nice getting to meet everyone and to put some faces to names. I will be posting some pictures later. I have not had time because I have been looking for a duece and a half sense I got home:D The M1008 just isn't enough.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's Gimpy rolling over, on you tube.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7R4U5pHl_Q&feature=related[/media]