• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin Multimedia Thread

gunit

this was my first rally. had a great time cant wait till next year. bought a couple things, got some good info, met some good people, filled up with docs mystery fuel and the haspin breakfast spedial. it was good putting a face with the names

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Westy is sitting at a truck stop waiting for his brakes to cool down. He had a front brake drag or the mud made it stick. Anyway, he is about 30 miles from home.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
VIdeos, tomorrow at 6PM. Looks like fun was had by all. Still waiting on a SITREP from JW. I thknk I'd have fun there if it wasn't for that heat. What we need now is a photo record of attendees and their trucks. I am getting ideas though and hope to implement them for the GA rally.

Monkeyboyarmy

Man, I am off the site for a couple of days and missed all of the excitement. I hope someone cleaned Gimp up after that. That smell is no fun around a camp fire :p. I'll have to make it to the next one for sure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westy is sitting at a truck stop waiting for his brakes to cool down. He had a front brake drag or the mud made it stick. Anyway, he is about 30 miles from home.

What a Junker!

Matt1970M35A

Im home safe. Got in at 1300 just in time for lunch. Truck ran great on the way home. 60MPH all the way. Must have been the rocket fuel I got from Doc.:driver: Was a lot of fun. Thanks everyone for all their help. Ill post pics soon.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank god it's a front brake, he can't get the lugs off the rears to check anything out!

Thanks to all for a great Haspin adventure it was in no way boreing with the Mowrons , Strecths pavillion shop Gimpy's self side dump GGarbees good food . my new found new and improved Sniper babes . I had a great time Oh and just so ya no Westy had a birthday at Haspin . Andyindy's side kick halfpint had a great time too thanks to all who made him feel welcome he loved it his dad told me and Andy tonight he has not quit talkin bout it yet. Startin on the BIGG camper soon the 105 is too small Neil let me no when i can pick up the jacuzzi at lowes and get started maybe done in time for GA. When is it next weekend i am ready see ya'll next year

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Questions, observations and thoughts. Firstly, the deuce rear axle mixed in with the firewood reminds me of...me. May I ask who brought the M348 semi trailer? I see a porta power in use, should I be traveling with one of those? Lastly, what was the general opinion on the Stretch's M108A2? That's what I have in my yard and it is indispensable. I can only imagine what worth it would have at a rally. I'm thinking that at the GA rally, I'm going to mark my truck with R4x4 in a conspicuous location. It's always a plus to know who you're looking at in these pics and without a scorecard, it's tough.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took my time on the way home, stopping anywhere and everywhere, fireworks stores, dinner, fuel, and washed the truck
Got home, took my muddy clothes and threw them in the washer, the washer threw them back!
Never camped in so much mud before, still had fun!

My contact maintenance truck before the rain and mud.

Last edited:
Todd Haley i am immmmmmpressed that lil feller really gose i am sorry you got all that mudd on it but you sure seemed to enjoy it oh well . To those who missed this year maybe next time . You dont no what you missed pics say alot but being there is PRICELESS

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Questions, observations and thoughts. Firstly, the deuce rear axle mixed in with the firewood reminds me of...me. May I ask who brought the M348 semi trailer? I see a porta power in use, should I be traveling with one of those? Lastly, what was the general opinion on the Stretch's M108A2? That's what I have in my yard and it is indispensable. I can only imagine what worth it would have at a rally. I'm thinking that at the GA rally, I'm going to mark my truck with R4x4 in a conspicuous location. It's always a plus to know who you're looking at in these pics and without a scorecard, it's tough.
The M348(?) by the pond is Stan's.
I'm of the opinion that a wrecker, or crane, should be a requirement at rallys such as this.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks