• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

hdexpert

Ferro, do you need something to store the ice in? I just won an aluminum military ice chest that states it holds 400 pounds. Oh, and it's for sale if you need one!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ice machine has a bin on it, but you can bring it along to store more in! I have a feeling most of the guys will be buying it up everyday, so we may not be storing much. And yes, I may just buy it off you! Man, my list is soooo long for all I'm looking for...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, I'm looking forward to the rally again. Not looking forward to the 16-hour drive one-way there and back, but hey - no pain, no gain.

hdexpert

Ferro, I'll bring it with me just in case it's needed. And yes, I'm sure someone will be taking it home with them. I'll probably bring a few things to sell including my last field range, a bunch of tools, a mutiple vehicle 24v battery charger, some 5 gallon cambro bev coolers......and much, much more!!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You only have one complete field range left? I'll take it now... :mrgreen: want to trade? you and your brother eat free for the next 3 haspins? :D (worth a shot...)

hdexpert

Yes, just one left. Waiting on payment from a fellow SS member for two ranges. Not sure the food-field range trade would work out in my favor since I'm a vegatarian.:p I'll make you the same deal I made him....$425 for a complete range with all the goodies!! Oh, I guess the food thing might cost you....I have three brothers!!!:)

CGarbee

... Not sure the food-field range trade would work out in my favor since I'm a vegatarian. ...
Glad that you mentioned being a vegetarian... I had forgotten that... I'll tweak my menues a bit this your so that we don't leave you out in the cold...

Once we get a bit closer, I'll scratch my head and will post up the menu and costs...

hdexpert

Sounds good, I'm an easy vegetarian to deal with, not too picky. If at all possible I just pick the meat out and give it to Kipman and Oldgrunt (my bros). Thanks for thinking of me!!!:-D

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's not set until I say it's set! June 9th or 10th-13th. Now it's official. :twisted:

Well Stretch, since you've made it official, and I got called back to work finally, I decided to look at my work schedule for those dates. As luck would have it, I start my hillbilly weekend on the 10th and don't have to return till the 14th. So unless something bad happens I'll be there and I won't even have to burn any vacation time to do it. :grin:

gunit

cant wait until june, this will be my first rally. do you just show up and hang out or is thier a check in somewhere. coming from indianapolis if anybody is from around here

hdexpert

Pretty informal event. Show up, tell the person at the front desk you're with the SS group, pay, come find us and stake out your claim. We camp right by the office, you can't miss all the OD green!! If you're a light sleeper like me, bring lots of ear protection. It's loud way into the wee hours of the morning.

JCKnife

Pretty informal event. Show up, tell the person at the front desk you're with the SS group, pay, come find us and stake out your claim. We camp right by the office, you can't miss all the OD green!! If you're a light sleeper like me, bring lots of ear protection. It's loud way into the wee hours of the morning.
Loud from running vehicles or blaring rap music or what?

ccequipment

Loud from running vehicles or blaring rap music or what?
You will get the normal 3am drunken fourwheeler runs which is the norm. I camped out by near a mudhole one time not at a SS rally and found out real quick that was not a good idea. Seems to be a hot spot about 3 am also. I don't think anybody pays attention to the dawn til dusk ride times. Just about anything goes at haspin

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sometimes it can be loud from all the four-wheelers that like to run through the place all the time. From the office hang a right as you go through the first fence and down (about a 20-25 foot drop) to the encampment. Last year it was on three sides of a t-intersection and the quads and dirt bikes were running on it.

This year if Gimp (or any SS member) can get there soon enough we will have the shelter right down the hill from the front desk. Last year we lost out to a giant RV with a dog beating b$tch woman (and yes I saw her beat her dog) and their clan.

Bring some sort of coffee cause Kip will forget his.

The food is good, especially the rolls on Sunday morning.

Bring foul weather gear. If it is as wet as last year I may park the camper on top of the hill.

:)

Cigarjoe

cant wait until june, this will be my first rally. do you just show up and hang out or is thier a check in somewhere. coming from indianapolis if anybody is from around here

I am in the Indy area too and this will be my first rally I am looking for someone to convoy with. PM me and we can get together. I am also thinking about meeting the guys coming through Cincinnati and convoying in with them.

Someone said something about getting there early enough to get a shelter I am very close to Haspin so I can go out there anytime and get it.

I also have a GP small tent that if enough want to use it and help set it up I will bring it.