• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who are the long haulers this year from the East Coast? I plan on going again, last year I convoyed with Ferro and Cabell. I think they are still going, but not sure.

Who along the I-81/I-64/I-70 corridor east of the Appalachians is going this year?

Cigarjoe

CIga Haspin is only like a hour and 15 min from Cincinnati, you have a very short trip. We will be coming down from the north on highway 52 to Laural IN.
I am just looking for someone to convoy with. I am sure there will be others coming through here also. If there are enough to get together with then I'll join in from here.

Last edited:

Cigarjoe

Cigar, I might be able to meet up with you, i will be rolling close by your way, don't know what days yet
I am free all days in the summer (i work for the schools) so I am free all day every day. I just want to run with someone to ad to the fun. I just have a M1008 so I can meet anywhere easy enough. Although I have been bitten by the bug so I may have a duece by then>

Last edited:

Cigarjoe

I have seen the Georgia rally had a kitchen trailer set up. Is that the way it is at Haspin? If so do need to get someone some money or are we just handling our own food? I would really like to use my GP small tent too, but I have never put it up before so if anyone wants to show me how to put it up or use it let me know.

CGarbee

I have seen the Georgia rally had a kitchen trailer set up. Is that the way it is at Haspin? If so do need to get someone some money or are we just handling our own food? I would really like to use my GP small tent too, but I have never put it up before so if anyone wants to show me how to put it up or use it let me know.
In an earlier post on this thread, it mentions that I will be catering (along with Ferro) again this year....

Once we get a little closer to the event, I'll post up the menu along with the cost info. That way you can decide if you want to opt in or not...

I'll be driving my XM813 pulling my MKT85... Ferro will have our MKTST in tow...

CGarbee

Who are the long haulers this year from the East Coast? I plan on going again, last year I convoyed with Ferro and Cabell. I think they are still going, but not sure.

Who along the I-81/I-64/I-70 corridor east of the Appalachians is going this year?

Ferro and I are convoying out... We have "kinda/sorta" commitments from one person in western NC and one person in TN who want to ride out with us. Depending on how we route it, it might be good to run the route we did last year with you, or it may look better for us to take the "southern" route through TN to I75 instead of going through WV...

We need to talk about this when we figure out who is actually going from this area other than You, Me, and Ferro (plus wife...).

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be taking the I-70 route from SE Ohio through Columbus and Dayton if anybody is looking to convoy out from Ohio or surrounding areas.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last year I convoyed over with Stretch but this year I think I'm going to try and get there early with Gimp. I'm only 63 miles according to Google.

Still trying to get my the Boss or my Brother to come over to make sure we have both vehicles.

sw

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CIga Haspin is only like a hour and 15 min from Cincinnati, you have a very short trip. We will be coming down from the north on highway 52 to Laural IN.
You and M heading north to drop the furry friends off again and then coming down?

sw

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like westy will be bringing enouhg people for his own rally. When did you get a 5 ton?

I will be running across 70. Thrusday or wensday. Bringing M108, trailer, pickup, and camper.

Dennis

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, pray for rain and get there in time to see Stretch put on a show with his trailer!!

;-)

sw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks