• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

Cigarjoe

Well that just means I just stocked up on the supply for my firepit in my backyard then. Willing to bet the ash borer doesn't live in 6x6 boards though.
Yes lumber is good to bring it just can't be wood cut by you or any other person that is not a commercial company, that way they now its been inspected and properly treated. I am bringing broken up pallets. They burn great and very hot.

number9

Looking forward to this rally. Already got the days marked off at work.

I have been trying to figure out what to do about camping / hotel situation. I'd like to camp in some fashion but I just aint a tent guy. They are okay for a night but not several, especially with the wife and 2 boys. How are the showers and bathrooms at Haspin? I've got a 3 and 4 yr old - I'd imagine the typical campground showers would be a challenge with them. Maybe we will drive back and forth to the hotel - I'd hate to miss out on all the hanging out though.

I have been thinking of trying to pick up a S250 for the M105 (think that may be too small to sleep 4 though) or a S280 shelter, but I'd want to tow it on a trailer of some sort so as to not have it in the back of the M35 for wheeling fun.

Either way, looking forward to the event.

Do most people get there on Wed morning or Thur morning?

Westech

CPL
Really the bathrooms are ok during the week but get kinda nasty on the weekend. Really the night life is where the fun at haspin is.. night rides, camp fires, Westy almost falling in to the pond while peeing next to someones tent. Its a blast and if you leave at night you really miss out.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The showers at Haspin are quite nice. there is a large indoor bathroom with showers. they get pretty muddy on the weekends, but they are still way better than a wooden box outside. I believe the ladies side is even nicer for some reason... I don't really remember, couldn't see much through the hole in the wall :D Just kidding...

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The showers at Haspin are quite nice. there is a large indoor bathroom with showers. they get pretty muddy on the weekends, but they are still way better than a wooden box outside. I believe the ladies side is even nicer for some reason... I don't really remember, couldn't see much through the hole in the wall :D Just kidding...

bring a bigger drill this year

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am hoping to make it this year. I'm in WV now so logistically, it should be an easier trip for me. My brother, Chad aka oldvw2, wants to come too. I'm not sure what truck will make the trip. I have a good bit of finishing up to do on the 5-ton (not to mention driving it back to WV from NC) and Chad has a long way to go on his M37. We could hijack my Dad's 756A2 :)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris, April first was quite some time ago.
Dang, that one actually took me a sec to figure out.. April first? What happened then? O yea...

Anyone else other than my lonesome butt been to every haspin rally? This will be the 6th time.

Last edited:

Cigarjoe

I am looking for someone to pick up a S-250 shelter for me about 30 miles north of Baltimore. I don't know if there is anyone in the area that is planning on coming to Haspin this year close to there or if they can get it to someone that is coming. Any ideas please let me know.

Stagg

I'm planning on coming also, from Vandalia Ohio. (Dayton Area)
I'm moving from Kansas with the Deuce, and it should be all set for more trips after that!

I'm shooting for all four days, but time will tell.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fourth time for me. First was no truck. Second was a jeep. Third was a deuce. The trucks keep getting bigger, I might have to borrow a 5-ton this year. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks